DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Goodyear Now Owns M/T
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodyear Now Owns M/T
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by topd1332:
Ed isnt the Hoosier tire on ur dragster a copy of the Mickey Bubba concept?

I'd use the term "copy" loosely here!!!!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Somehow I bet this acquisition will pay off for GY...

How can it not? They have been trying to better MT for a number of years now, Wink all failures!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
When I ran comp I, and just about every comp car, ran Goodyears because they were quicker...The large O.D. and narrow width allowed a decent footprint that got even narrower going down the track. Less tire contact, the quicker and faster you ran. And nothing has changed about that in years...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just thinking out loud, I would think a company as large as Goodyear wanted to buy out Cooper and Mickey Thompson was a small part in the dealings.
I'm guessing that Mickey Thompson sells more dirt/mud/street tires than drag racing tires.
We are a small part of the whole equation.
Time will tell.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
Just thinking out loud, I would think a company as large as Goodyear wanted to buy out Cooper and Mickey Thompson was a small part in the dealings.
I'm guessing that Mickey Thompson sells more dirt/mud/street tires than drag racing tires.
We are a small part of the whole equation.
Time will tell.

You are correct, the off-road tires are their cash cow.........

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Just saw a huge recall on Cooper Tires, might cost GY a few bucks for this deal.https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/cooper-recalls-430k-light-truck-tires-due-sidewall-76133291
Doesn't make me happy, 4 vehicles with Cooper light truck tires.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
ran Copper tires as a replacement to the OEM tires on my previous GMC 2500HD Duramax. Garbage tire that doesn't get half the life/miles compared to the Goodyear SRW that was OEM on my current GMC 3500 Denali Duramax as well the Michelin LTX on my SUV.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
ran Copper tires

"Copper" tires? They must be pretty heavy, and ride like crap. Falling of chair laughing

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
ran Copper tires

"Copper" tires? They must be pretty heavy, and ride like crap. Falling of chair laughing

Expensive too!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Now If Ediot said he had Copper tires, he had Copper tires. What part of the truth and facts don’t you get?

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post