DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Opinions On Used Trailer (Racing Junk)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions On Used Trailer (Racing Junk)
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
OK, I wasn't looking to buy a used race car hauler. This ATC 40' gooseneck trailer meets most of my needs & is under my budget. I have many questions about the trailer. Plus, I'm not set-up or my buddy's to transport it. What do you guys think?

https://www.racingjunk.com/Tra...d=4456&np_offset=2#1

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Is 23’ of car area big enough for you? And I know what it says, but a 3/4 ton seems like a push for a tow vehicle

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Is 23’ of car area big enough for you? And I know what it says, but a 3/4 ton seems like a push for a tow vehicle

My longest car is 16' & I think the length is good. Not looking to tow with a 2500, I'm upgrading to a 3500.

I'm going to message & get the year. Plus, ask about water/holding capacities.

ATC is a good trailer, I think? I would go & look at the trailer.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Nice looking unit. Look like it has a ton of extras also. Cut your OOP expense. Which is a ton.
Even has the AC curtain. I like the 3 leg deal. Ask them about brakes and bearings..

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Nice looking unit. Look like it has a ton of extras also. Cut your OOP expense. Which is a ton.
Even has the AC curtain. I like the 3 leg deal. Ask them about brakes and bearings..

Thanks for the reply. I sent the initial questions & will compile another list if I get serious. I would also have to work out transportation for the trailer to NV.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
INCOMING pm.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Got it & replied, Thanks!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436