DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Alcohol regulator
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alcohol regulator
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I am putting a APD 1250 alcohol billet carb with a magna flow 500 pump and a Magna flow 4 port regulator with 2 ports plugged. Anyone do this? On 598 bbc in dragster. Tank in front of motor. This set up was on a 540 with 1050 before I acquired it.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
belt drive pump with internal reg only way to go

Posts: 7 | Location: Odessa,Texas | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes I agree but after buying all the stuff I bought lately I fit in that broke dyck club. I am wondering though if I need to put a 2 port regulator or will that 4 port work. Thanks for the reply.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
Hey Jeff,
The 4-port regulator will work just fine with 2- ports plugged off. Or if you got extra cash laying around you can step up tp Magna Flow's 2- port regulator #9183 like the one i use on my Rupert 1250 carb using their 500 pump.

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Smile
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Wink
SDPC 582 Head Hunter on Alcohol

Posts: 268 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
ive run that setup for 8 yrs now , it came with the car,it works great and never had a problem

Posts: 26 | Location: washington iowa | Registered: May 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The 4 port will work fine as is. The regulator is ment to feed two carbs, however it doesn't know or care if only feeding one.

Posts: 486 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys my mind is at ease. I am just getting tired of the never ending spending but in the same sense I don't want to show up at track with an issue from the start. I am making big changes this season and decided the alcohol route was the better option for cooling for the reason of the later round Robin rounds. Where do you buy your jets this carb came with 201 so figured I would need a set on both sides at least to see if I find a change while looking for the sweet spot. Thanks again I very much appreciate the replys.

Jeff McClure

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Is this a brand new carb, built for your combo?

I've been running alcohol carbs since 2000, and I've never owned alcohol jets that were not inside the carburetor.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3149 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smokinjeff:
Where do you buy your jets this carb came with 201 so figured I would need a set on both sides at least to see if I find a change while looking for the sweet spot. Thanks again I very much appreciate the replys.

See if this helps....

http://blp.com/cart/index.php?...389&products_id=1491

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by No Fear:
belt drive pump with internal reg only way to go

There is nothing wrong with an electric pump deal also! And it's a benefit when running NOS!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
You could always direct these questions to the very capable staff at APD. They have always offered great service after the sale...

Dan

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mad Dog I FILLED OUT A MESSAGE ON THEIR SITE. IT SAID I SHOULD GET A REPLY IN 48 to 72 hours. I didn't want to call as I am sure they are very busy with sale and service. Only so many hours in a day and I can wait on a reply. This site is a great way to get many opinions and experiences which I value. Some can use some can't but a question answered may also help others or spark an idea not thought of before. So that I Thank All who replied and thanks for Bracket Talk.

Jeff McClure

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^Understood.^^^^^^^^^^

Also understood is that posts like this tend to get derailed on a very regular basis.

Yes they are busy right now and they make every effort to answer questions from their customers about their products. Who better to ask then the builder? Your ride, your choice...

For the record: been using APD products for 16-18 years. Using a 4 port (two plugged) and electric pump on their carb feeding Alky to a 500+ inch BBC with great results...

In SC trim and bracket trim...

Dan

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog:
You could always direct these questions to the very capable staff at APD. They have always offered great service after the sale.

Wrong I've got a $900 shelf ornament that if I'm ever in their neighborhood, I'll return via their window!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog:
^^^^^^^^^^Understood.^^^^^^^^^^

Also understood is that posts like this tend to get derailed on a very regular basis.

Yes they are busy right now and they make every effort to answer questions from their customers about their products. Who better to ask then the builder? Your ride, your choice...

For the record: been using APD products for 16-18 years. Using a 4 port (two plugged) and electric pump on their carb feeding Alky to a 500+ inch BBC with great results...

In SC trim and bracket trim...

Dan

Been running an APD alky Dominator for around 8yrs with zero issues.

Seen 2 SV1s that couldn't be tuned even doing everything Patrick recommended and got sent back in exchange for a regular Dominator.

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
there are those that can break an anvil in a sand box. Tuning an SV1 is EASY!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
At risk of enabling the derailment of yet another tech thread I'll ask:

What type of issue do you have with your "self ornament"?

Have you had a civil discussion with APD about the alleged issue you profess to have with their product?

For the record: I do NOT speak for, nor make claim to represent APD. However, I DO happen to be one of countless racers who use their products with great results...

Dan

Dan

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
I for one have an APD Max Speed carb and another carb they have gone through. The Max Speed, I thought was having an issue, that turned out to be a bad diaphragm in a bottle regulator. They went out of their way to help me troubleshoot the issue.

There is none better, I have texted Saturday evening and gotten responses back.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
APD customer satisfaction is abysmal. I have been told by their dealer for nearly 2 years and as recent as last month that they are sending a return ship label/pickup and still haven't received it.

Bottomline, I paid for a custom calibrated carb for my combo and didn't get what I paid for, it doesn't do anything right.

Did I also mention that years ago I had signed up for John's tech website that went dead in year 1 but he charged my account for 2 more years.

Again, ABYSMAL!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hummmm..I wonder what the OP's actual question was...

Well, I guess it's time for the conductor to throw the derailment switch...again

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4448 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post