DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Balance tires info
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Balance tires info
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Question, Question, what is the process to balance front dragster tires? While we are at it how about rear slicks? I take it bubble balance for slicks. I thought this subject was covered before but could not put my finger on it.
thanks in advance

Posts: 22 | Location: ohio | Registered: August 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
For fronts if you have no one around that can do them , do it on the car with no grease in the bearings,,, usually a couple of weights opposite the rim stem will do it. Bubble balance works too for both front and rear.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TOP38,

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
I take the fronts to a motorcycle shop,they even have black weights if you have black wheels.
Rear we just bubble balance.

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 252 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I have a motorcycle shop mount and balance the fronts.

Slicks I mount myself (beadlock) and take them to one of a couple local places that can spin balance a 16" wide wheel. Costs about $40 if I remember correctly.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3149 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Front dragster tires get taken to a motorcycle shop and they handle mounting and balancing.

As far as rears, I switched to beadlocks and I can now mount and balance using a bubble balancer myself and it is a heck of a lot easier than loading up and taking to a tire shop..

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I purchased this years ago for the fronts and it works perfect. http://www.marcparnes.com

I use a harbor freight bubble balancer for the rears which also works fine.

Posts: 476 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post