DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Front Strut Spring Weight?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Front Strut Spring Weight?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Thinking about new springs on strange front struts. Car weight 2750 lbs with 1400 on front end. Double adjustable JRI shock's in back if that helps? Springs now are 'as shipped with strut' 350's? What spring weight would be best for overall car weight? Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Location: Livermore, CA | Registered: March 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My recommendation based off of some other cars I have done would be either a 250 or 275lb spring for that front weight. You are kind of in the middle with the possibility of leaning more towards the 250.

Thanks,
Shane Sweigart
Competitive Suspension

Posts: 21 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
I run a 250 with 1200-1300 front weight. 250-275 is where you should be.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
I am 1400 on the front of my Vega. I have 225 lb springs on my Strange Struts.

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I race a 3rd generation Camaro that came with 225# springs on Lakewood struts. When the struts went bad I installed KYB singe adjustable and used 200# Hyperco springs. I’m planning to switch to Strange front struts and am going to use 185#. A racing friend has the same front as I do with 175# Hyperco UHT in a 3rd Gen Firebird. My car is 2835# with driver and 1510# on front for 53% / 47%

Posts: 2463 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys. Smile

Posts: 2 | Location: Livermore, CA | Registered: March 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post