DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Big Pepperoni Pizza cam
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Pepperoni Pizza cam
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Not bad ....

I had 1.75 Jesel's and could run a bit more lift with a moderate spring.... .850" actual max lift....

The R-M # 420-116 is fairly close to that one and was excellent

I still have one in very good condition....For Sale.....$300 shipped....They get $500 now for one...

Ok, I'll take it off your hands. Sold, is it a 8620 carbonized cam core?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but it was sold some time ago to a local S/C racer and yes it was an 8620 copper colored core

I just bought a SB Comp Cams roller cam and it was $460 + tax...best price I could find...and it was NOT an 8620 copper colored core I don't believe since it has a dark grey core.
I took what I could get to keep an engine build going...

8620 Cam cores are like crankshafts I assume......un-obtainium.....rare as hens teeth.....

It must s-u-c-k to be an engine builder the last couple years...and not go nuts trying to get parts and make a living

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCDIV1,

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, but it was sold some time ago to a local S/C racer

I just bought a SB Comp Cams roller cam and it was $460 + tax...best price I could find...

Couple hundred dollars won't make or break anyone buying a roller camshaft.

Reher Morrison has them, I'm waiting on a call on which core they are.

565 no prep car, 1970 Nova,,, beauty.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I might call Alex at Lunati on this.

I want a 8620 core.

Put a 1.8 rocker on the intake 819 774 284 292 112

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
The R-M is an Erson cam or at least that's where R-M got them from, done to their specs....

I bought 3 of them over the years...trashed 2 thanks to some valve train carnage

It's a great cam in a 565......Makes real good power, doesn't break a thing and runs with zero problems to 7300-7400+ with steel valves and under 300lbs on the seat..

I always did my own engines and that includes the heads so I know first hand.....
ZERO valve float....PAC or PSI springs....still have some like new sets....take offs that were like new on my spring tester....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
The R-M is an Erson cam or at least that's where R-M got them from, done to their specs....

I bought 3 of them over the years...trashed 2 thanks to some valve train carnage

It's a great cam in a 565......Makes real good power, doesn't break a thing and runs with zero problems to 7300-7400+ with steel valves and under 300lbs on the seat..

I always did my own engines and that includes the heads so I know first hand.....
ZERO valve float....PAC or PSI springs....still have some like new sets....take offs that were like new on my spring tester....

Looks great, I believe it.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I declare Mike the winner, great job! You have force them to have their Nice Big Cups of STFU!

2BKING has the power! Cool

Five star if there ever was one. Engine build, transmission build and ring & pinion build.

And tech too.

100% transparency with live timing at it's first Big Race, off the trailer mafia.

Ain't nothing new. I've done it countless times with other builds. Smile