DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Big Pepperoni Pizza cam
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Pepperoni Pizza cam
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
When ringing off a balancer bolt in the crank, ain't an option!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
17 pulls burned every drop of gasoline we had, it wouldn't top the 1000 HP mark.

Pleased with results none the less. It ran Excellent.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nice job.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
Nice job.

Thank you Sir, yeah it's nasty sounding as well. Something tells me they're gonna have a blast racing this at Bradenton, I was real pleased with how it ran. 100 lb driver, it should dip in the 4.50's in good conditions, Ray Miller dragster. It's rad. Hopefully he'll get some Ohlins on it. It has the go fast drive train goodies on it now too.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The interesting thing about this 6.800 long rod combo was it made its best peak torque 775 pd ft, with the camshaft retarded 2.5 degree's from where it made its best peak HP. Made 997 HP (775 pd ft tq) with the camshaft on a 111.5 intake center line.

The loaner gas carb we had on it may have been a tad too big, it made its best numbers on back to back pulls and lost power when we cooled it, and ran cold water through it. Carb we had on it ran good though, we just didn't have an assortment of jets to tune it in between 138's and 152's.

Big carb on small engine takes big jets.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If I had it to do-over, I'd back to back pull it with the camshaft on a 111.5 intake center-line, to top a 1000hp.

Live and learn.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
These Mellings billet oil pumps are bad to the bone.

This is their standard volume unit, I used the lowest pressure red spring, of the springs which came with it.

Bronze distributor gear will love it over time.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Leaked Top Secret photo. Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Pulled the valve train re-torqued the cylinder heads after thrashing it on the dyno 17 pulls.

It'll be in the beams at Bradenton this weekend.

If it ain't fast it's all my fault. Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
#Mean Green

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mean Green ready to fire in the am, valve train reinstalled, new plug wires,,, burning the midnight oil!!

Can't wait!

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Do you have a super sucker to try for fun? You might gain a 1/2 tenth. Never know Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
#MEAN GREEN

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Slow off the trailer

Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Smile

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Smile

Point? Convertor is too tight, but is not going to pick it up 2 tenths

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We're gonna need some Penske or Ohlins shocks. A guy I do transmissions for with a 4.40 dragster, says he has the right Penske guy.

I like this engine combo a lot,,,, #PEAKY

It's definitely not a chip off the old block.