DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New enclosed trailer [possible aluminum] feedback
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New enclosed trailer [possible aluminum] feedback
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Racers,

I am beginning the research in ref to a new enclosed trailer [this will be my 4th trailer in the last 25 years so I have some experience about what I need]

For this new trailer, I will be downsizing to a 20 foot. Also, I am looking at the "V" nose option with a front ramp door on the "V" That front door sure looks to be handy.

Otherwise, it will be a basic model because I no longer do multi-day events and only carry a few basic supplies and tools.

For those of you who have an aluminum trailer, let me hear from you. The lighter weight is attractive from the standpoint of towing.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1826 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
3,000 LB 26 ft trailer with a low center of gravity (the floor is lower). The only problem with them is once people tow with one they won't sell it. Makes em hard to find. I got lucky with this one after looking 15 - 20 years.

The lighter they are, the less the driver is worn down long distance.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Agree^^^^. Use to have goldrush aluminum trailer and loved it. Lower floor and lighter made a dream to tow. If had cash I would bought one and still figure to build one in cpl years when funds are better.

IMO lightest thing you can get that is still quality built is best bet.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4156 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We have been researching aluminum also.

We have learned that the ATC is the lightest of the popular and available brands.

they also look to be well built.

we looked close at a new one at the FALLNATIONALS, very nice.

Rich at RM TRAILERS is a dealer.

INTECH is also very nice.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Larry, Here’s my 24’ Featherlite model 4926. Same model as Mikes. This model is 3” lower than most 6.5’ tall interior trailers. If you look at the interior wheel covers they are much taller showing how much lower to the ground the floor is. 15” tires

3000# empty. All aluminum to include floor. No interior. You can hose it out with water. The only thing steel is the axle carriage.

I travel as far as 1000 miles straight through with 3 fuel stops many times to races.

Posts: 2427 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Larry, Here’s my 24’ Featherlite model 4926. Same model as Mikes. This model is 3” lower than most 6.5’ tall interior trailers. If you look at the interior wheel covers they are much taller showing how much lower to the ground the floor is. 15” tires

3000# empty. All aluminum to include floor. No interior. You can hose it out with water. The only thing steel is the axle carriage.

I travel as far as 1000 miles straight through with 3 fuel stops many times to races.

That's a bad dude right there. Not because I have one, I'm not impressed by that, but I am by how they tow down the road loaded! Congrats!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
2010 34ft ATC spread axle purchased new no issues...but if I bought a new one it would be a INTECH guy that worked for ATC when I bought mine started them an who we dealt with...

Posts: 1247 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
32' ATC Spread bought new in 2013. By far best, easiest pulling trailer I've ever had. Tows like a dream. Cool JB

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
2010 34ft ATC spread axle purchased new no issues...but if I bought a new one it would be a INTECH guy that worked for ATC when I bought mine started them an who we dealt with...

ATC / Intech located in the heart of “Amish Acres” less than a mile apart. Both exhibit the same craftsmanship imho. I've owned several ATC.

Posts: 2427 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post