DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Mickey PBRs On True No Prep
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mickey PBRs On True No Prep
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
We raced this past weekend on an airport runway @ 6000' ASL. We had no burnouts, no pimp juice, no traction compound, nothing but a tire spinning dry hop if you call it that. LOL!

We actually bracket raced under these conditions. My Son made it down to 5 cars & he was riding his quad & I made it down to 3 cars with our 80 Camaro.

I was somewhat impressed with the 29.5 x 10.5 PBRs. While I didn't get hooked up until about 60'. I was hooked up well before most if not all of the slick tire cars, both big & small tire. I'm pretty sure I was the only one on radial slicks. I was apprehensive about taking this car, because we only have radials for it. Our 68 Camaro is on bias ply slicks. After making the 1st pass, I knew the radials wasn't going to be much of an issue.

We all had a good time & no body got stupid with trying to over drive the track conditions.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good deal.

If you're still thinking about adding ballast I just got in my trunk for a photo. I have at the top of deck lid, a bar runs between the two that come through the speaker deck into the trunk.

The sb valve cover lead is 65 lbs, the black plate of steel you can barely see behind it, is 90 lbs.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Good deal.

If you're still thinking about adding ballast I just got in my trunk for a photo. I have at the top of deck lid, a bar runs between the two that come through the speaker deck into the trunk.

The sb valve cover lead is 65 lbs, the black plate of steel you can barely see behind it, is 90 lbs.

Still planning on cutting out the roll bar this fall & installing a 8.50 cert chromoly cage. Probably build some mounts for 100 lbs. of ballast connected to the trunk bars above the axle.

This past event was the worst I've ever run on for traction, but other than that we had a blast & won some money. We have also ran on some shh..it hole tracks, but never really any traction problems. We also run some street legal drags & the traction is decent. All in all, we have the most fun running these type of events. They are really laid back & we seem to do well also. Not that I don't like our 4 lane mega drag strip, just seems we are more serious & takes the fun out of it.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post