New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shop Jack.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
I need a decent shop jack other then Harbor Freight. Needs to be able to lift a f350, have good height and quality, without breaking the bank to bad..... Thoughts?

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2016 Miller

http://www.killerrons.com/
Rolla Competition Engines

Posts: 1110 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good luck.....I bought one from harbor freight that’s called a Daytona...been doing good so far...

Posts: 514 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
friend of mine who is also a stock and super stock racer just bought this for his shop...

https://store.snapon.com/JACKS...or-Jack-P823620.aspx

Posts: 8052 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I also bought a Daytona from Harbor Freight and have been very pleased with it.

Posts: 378 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
it will take a 4 ton i think

opinions are worth what you pay for them
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 559 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The one from Griots Garage looks nice but only two ton.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 4590 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I just had the hyd cylinder my 1980s era 2 ton Hein Werner jack rebuilt. They just dont make them like the used to.

Posts: 519 | Location: On the the dark side now | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
I just had the hyd cylinder my 1980s era 2 ton Hein Werner jack rebuilt. They just dont make them like the used to.
Yeah I’ve got a couple those laying around the new ones are the slowest jack in the world...

Posts: 514 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
Milwaukee model 20. There are no other options. Well other than the model 40, but the 20 will lift your f350 just fine.

Posts: 263 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
My shop jack is about 70 lbs of rotten 4 legged Golden Retreiver,well he's named Jack and lays around shop.

I bought one of the aluminum 1.5 ton jacks from harbor freight. Suppose to be quick jack deal.Works ok,nothing fast about it. Is lite and very low profile.

Looking at getting a 3 ton for heavy stuff ;ile truck and probably buy harbor freight even though I know its not going to last as long as some others that are higher price. Then I try not to work on street stuff too much,but here lately seems thats all I do.LOL

http://www.schooledbyscotty.com/
Only the stupid know too much to learn something new.
Chris McBride

deplorables saving america one vote at a time

Posts: 1441 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
I have the 4 ton HF jack. It lifted my old Cummins without issue.

Might want to check these guys out.

http://www.phjjacks.com/mercha...TGY&Category_Code=FL

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 674 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
2 oldest things in my garage are a Black Hawk Jack and a Sears Shop Vac---both more than 40 years old and work just fine. Neither are available any more. I have 2 other jacks not 1/2 that old that have already given up

Posts: 4441 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I'm with Fern, 2 Blackhawk jacks the new one was bought in the mid 70's. My Sears shop vac is also over 40 years old, it's so old it's a green one.

Posts: 420 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
friend of mine who is also a stock and super stock racer just bought this for his shop...

https://store.snapon.com/JACKS...or-Jack-P823620.aspx

$611.00, 113 lb CHINESE POS! C'mon Ed!

Posts: 1237 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
as usual, your contributions to this forum are a waste of server space and worthless garbage!

Posts: 8052 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
as usual, your contributions to this forum are a waste of server space and worthless garbage!

Counrty or origin; CHN, assembled in USA.

Truth and facts..

272" Spitzer
Rolla Competition Engines 540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.70@198

www.ftiperformance.com

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

Posts: 2539 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
another who's posts are wasted server space and worthless garbage.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
What part of truth and facts don't you like?

HMMMM Where have we heard that before?

272" Spitzer
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.70@198

www.ftiperformance.com

Open Outlaw Champ

Posts: 2539 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boucher Jr:
Milwaukee model 20. There are no other options. Well other than the model 40, but the 20 will lift your f350 just fine.

This, made in USA USA

272" Spitzer
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.70@198

www.ftiperformance.com

Open Outlaw Champ

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
1. I couldn't care any less, I'm not in the market for a shop jack, I don't own a shop.

2. I'd buy that Snap On jack, backed by the best tool company in the country but I'd never ever buy anything from that chinese shyt store. I won't ever step into that place!