DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer Cleaner/polish
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer Cleaner/polish
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted
Hey all,

Decided I want to clean up the trailer, what is everyone using? Trailer been out in the sun for years and the paint is oxidized.

Thanks

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Posts: 1830 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Watch out, depending on how old the trailer is you can create some very bad results. Whatever you decide to use make sure you do a test wash including letting it dry all the way. I had a friend with a toter who ended up with a polished panel above the rear door of his trailer . He used one of those freeway detail companies. But the trailer was 15 years old.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of N2Ofrog
posted Hide Post
Trailer Magic. A buddy I race with makes it and it is by far the best product I've seen.

Look up Trailer Magic on Facebook for more info.

Posts: 929 | Location: Columbia Station, OH | Registered: January 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Call Majestic Solutions
Describe problem and materials and they will hook you up. Not cheap but their stuff works. They are very helpful and I love their stuff. Stumbled across them when I purchased my RV and they make great products. Not sure if your after black streak remover, but they have a great one. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. If a product says to not let it dry on the surface. Then DON'T.
IMO Stay away from the watered down stuff at the parts store. There are some nice professional grade stuff from Zep you can buy but at minimum Call a professional manufacturer or a reputable detail shop. Guys that have seen it all. Good luck!!!!!!!

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
I'm a firm believer in one panel at a time with most cleaning chemicals.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Half a cup of Simple Green to five gallons of water in a bucket.

Medium brush on a broom stick works pretty decent.

This is a 96. Myself, I'd not try anything miracle to bring back a shine.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
Simple green can destroy your trailer finish. Use this instead.. It's Simple Green designed for cleaning aircraft and will not hurt the finish.
https://www.amazon.com/Simple-...cision/dp/B081D5R6T9

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
Simple green can destroy your trailer finish. Use this instead.. It's Simple Green designed for cleaning aircraft and will not hurt the finish.
https://www.amazon.com/Simple-...cision/dp/B081D5R6T9

Thanks for the tip, I did not know that. I'll take your suggestion sir.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
I just tried the simplegreen on a small section, and it cut through the has with minimal effort. I tried a couple other things so far. Nu-car finish was working, but needed some elbow grease.

Are you saying that a one time use can hurt the finish. Once I cut the haze off, I would go back and wax it.

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Posts: 1830 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip on SG.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by banjo:
I just tried the simplegreen on a small section, and it cut through the has with minimal effort. I tried a couple other things so far. Nu-car finish was working, but needed some elbow grease.

Are you saying that a one time use can hurt the finish. Once I cut the haze off, I would go back and wax it.

If you use regular simple green you have to make sure it is diluted big time. My friend used the purple stuff which is just as corrosive on his T&E. Let's just say it was disastrous.

I found the Extreme Simple Green when looking for a non corrosive cleaner for my dragster radiator.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post