DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    virginia DOT regulations for race teams
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

virginia DOT regulations for race teams
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
There are a few things that we can do

Get the license upgrade as needed.
Carry a copy of the FMCSA guidelines that show the exceptions for the HOBBY transport.

Keep a copy of your latest tax return. We keep one, fortunately it is a simple one, we black out the numbers. But it shows we do not go long form and do not use the costs for racing as deductions.
We keep that in the envelope in the cab, but will only use it as a last resort.

Other than being over 65 ft. I THINK I am legal.

As stated above, very important to have all of our duckys in a row, travel safely, all equipment working properly.
Most of us are not likely to do much of a pre-trip, checking for obvious things like lights, trailer chains, etc.

Safe travels guys and gals.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
65 feet makes it difficult to find a suitable pusher, and tow a dragster. Most of the used pushers are 40' or thereabouts.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
65 feet makes it difficult to find a suitable pusher, and tow a dragster. Most of the used pushers are 40' or thereabouts.

That is true

We use a 30 ft trailer behind a 38 ft Renegade. We are taking our chances at 74 ft.
Hopefully because it does look like a RV, we will be left alone.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Regarding length--here in NC a vehicle with living area towing a trailer involved in motor sports is allowed to be 90ft. Its the law! Also I am about 72-73 ft long and have been all over the East and once to Cal. Only times I have been stopped is once for running a stop sign, no ticket, and once for speeding. I have been this long for over 20 years and at least 1/2 a million miles.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post