Find
Notify
Tools

Mickey 3195's
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted
Well, my trusty and consistent mickey 3186's are pretty much done. Been chasing tire pressure to get car to hook and not bounce off the line and it's not happy anywhere. Used to be 5.5 psi and car was dead consistent no matter what, and would hook on just about any condition, now it "hops" off the line with pressures all the way to 7 psi and after that it just blows the tires off.....

So, was thinking of putting a set of 3195's on it this time since I hear how good this tire is, and pretty much everybody in top dragster/fast 16 here run it with great success. My question is, for those that are running this tire, what kind of life are you getting from it, and what tire pressures are you running? New tires will come after my move, I'm just trying to get an idea on how others are doing with it...

No, I won't put a Hoosier on my car...or goodyear.....been there, done that, won't go back...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I can go 60-70 passes before they start going away. 5.75 lbs

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3093 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I have heard they don't last very long, especially compared to the 3186's. Have a couple of guys here saying they run them about 40-50 passes...

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
How fast are you going?

We get well over 150 runs going 6.80 on the big bubba's with no issues.

Posts: 2139 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
4.70's-4.80's on motor in the 1/8th, 7.40-7.50's quarter on motor... Can't wait until I have good air!! Made one bottle pass, had to abort, things weren't happy....but won't have time to run again until after I move, and new tires are on the list of things to get before car goes out again...

Those runs are in 9000' of air by the way.....

Mark Goulette

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
Well, my trusty and consistent mickey 3186's are pretty much done. Been chasing tire pressure to get car to hook and not bounce off the line and it's not happy anywhere. Used to be 5.5 psi and car was dead consistent no matter what, and would hook on just about any condition, now it "hops" off the line with pressures all the way to 7 psi and after that it just blows the tires off.....

ya but the burnout was so smooth... Roll Eyes

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Boucher Jr,

You have a PM.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I’ve gotten as much as 160 passes out of a set going 4.60s. 5.4 pounds of air in them.

Posts: 81 | Location: nc | Registered: February 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The 3196 is the cats azz IMO....

Posts: 1247 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
The 3196 is the cats azz IMO....
. I agree, ran the 3195 last year, 3196 this year and I like them.

Fellow racer and servant of the Lord of Lords
John 14:6
"Creekside Racing Ministry"
MFI system, ProCharger Non-intercooled [6.02 @ 229 or 3.91/660' soft tune and killing power above 6K rpm]
Ron Clevenger

Posts: 1006 | Location: Visalia, Calif. 93292 | Registered: November 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
When did the 3196 come out???

Mark Goulette

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Not sure but they have been out for awhile now..

Posts: 1247 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
When did the 3196 come out???

couple years now

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post