New
Find
Notify
Tools

carb spacers
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
the best 2 inch 4500 carb spacer for a 565 bracket engine.

Posts: 7 | Location: under the car | Registered: December 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
no such spacer and 2" is 2" too much.

pick your preferred material, color, configuration(4 hole, blended. tapered or open) and buy it because none of them are worth anything on the time slip.

Been there done that on several engines with HP that varied from 500 to 1100 and ain't ever seen .01 in ET or .1 MPH

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Look at the big ticket sportsman engine builders with their closest offering to yours. There's your answer.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Call David Hughes at HRE intakes manifolds. I have used lots of spacer combinations over the years and they always made more power than anything else on the dyno.

Duane Allen

Posts: 29 | Location: Sandston VA | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zip Tie:

Reher Morrison 1 3/4 two piece sheer plate
and anti - reversion plate.

They're fast and good Super Pro bracket, won 7 Super Pro championships in 10 years running 4150 and 4500.

Went 1.27 60 ft N/A sbc 3250 lbs 10 x 28 tire, dipped in the 5's all steel Nova using one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
N/A I wouldn't attempt to run an intake with this much plenum without a Reher Morrison sheer anti - reversion plate.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
wouldn't run any intake with that much plenum on a heavy, n/a door car and I didn't on the N/A 23 sbc with out of the box All Pro 220's in this all steel Camaro W/ triple chrome plated steel bumpers, factory glass at 3250 lbs on a 10 x 30 radial tire with a 2 speed powerglide that goes 1.27 60ft off the footbrake and runs low 6's N/A, with a 4150 carb, 10" converter, mufflers and has never hit a timing block. NahNahTounge

quote:
Originally posted by Duane1791:
Call David Hughes at HRE intakes manifolds. I have used lots of spacer combinations over the years and they always made more power than anything else on the dyno.

couldn't care any less how much more power it made on a dyno, what it won't do is ET quicker or run faster.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
no such spacer and 2" is 2" too much.

pick your preferred material, color, configuration(4 hole, blended. tapered or open) and buy it because none of them are worth anything on the time slip.

Been there done that on several engines with HP that varied from 500 to 1100 and ain't ever seen .01 in ET or .1 MPH

with 1290 on this. I have seen no et or mph gain with or with out snazzy spacers. runs the same as if my stop was under the carb.

ep-what? me and 1290 agree on something again

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I will add this, carb spacers can help make more power, this is a fact! Which one depends on a number of factors. Will they give you 30 HP more, nope! SO you need to look at it this way, one little thing won't move the needle much but start adding the little things up and they will!

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Some engines like them, some don't, very combo specific. Will they make a difference on the track? Doubt it......

I've ran them, but only to gain clearance for throttle linkages and such....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Al your fact never proves to be true on the time slip where is matters.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
1. Small tire Ed. 2. 1.27 60 ft Ed. 3. Triple chrome plated steel bumpers Ed. 4. 3250 lbs Ed.
5. You're like Bradenton stealing valor with no evidence Ed. Liberals are looters Ed.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
we get it. small tire. small block. runs good. fast 60 ft. chrome bumpers. (which look nice by the way).

1290 had small tire. fast 60. run good. nice bumpers.

ep

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
we get it. small tire. small block. runs good. fast 60 ft. chrome bumpers. (which look nice by the way).

1290 had small tire. fast 60. run good. nice bumpers.

ep

Thank you, If I suggest a part, I try to evidence it's performance. I evidence the parts performance, to evidence I'm impartial in regards to its manufacture. I don't work for Reher Morrison, it's a good part or I wouldn't suggest or run it.

You see a lot of suggestions, without any evidence of performance. I try to evidence everything I communicate for those who still use objectivity to come to rational conclusions, rather than opinion.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Mike Rhodes Camaro 1968? just went 4.35 on 275/60 tire at 166 mph. Some power adder I am sure. SBC too. He broke all kinds of records.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Al your fact never proves to be true on the time slip where is matters.

Ed, without getting into a great debate, did you read what I said?

BTW you guys coming to NED this weekend?

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I did and of course we are.

Meanwhile, Mikey, gets himself all worked up about his nothing special 1.27 60 foot with a 3200 lb. car. Well if 60 foots are your thing then this 3880 lb. ALL steel car with triple chrome plated bumpers, full factory interior including the staple shifter, tilt wheel, heater, defroster, power steering, power brakes...

hell it even had a good for nothing carb spacer

60 foots are astounding with a 1.28 best, launched of the footbrake on 30 x 10 tires and also running through the muffler...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbKYio6OvKM

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I would be very interested to see that Camaro Ed is talking about try an RPM airgap intake.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
it has had several manifolds over many years depending on the engine combo, including the RPM air gap but not with its current 400 sbc engine

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Every body is putting the turtle in them. If its that good should have been in there from the manufacturer. My SBC car lost almost 3 tenths fro RPM to Super Victor. Should have tried the turtle in there.