DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Carb Idle change in hot weather
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carb Idle change in hot weather
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I noticed my carb idle has decreased about 250 to 300 RPM since the weather has gotten hotter. Its a throttle stop carb and im wondering if I should just adjust the idle or mess with jets and bleeds, or adjust 4 corner idle screws. Dont wanna open up a can of worms though.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
4 corner idle screws seems appropriate. Need to lean it down a little bit to counter act the hotter/thinner air. Then the idle adj. as needed. Just do one thing at a time and know where you started.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
if the idle was fine previously, then turn the idle mixture screws in 1/4 to 1/2 turn.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post