New
Find
Notify
Tools

First time pro
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
I decided I am going to give pro a shot. I just picked up one of the new just in time buttons. I wanted to try to be some what in the ballpark with settings.

My ride is a 63 nova that runs 6.07 @113, 60ft is 1.35 leaving at 4600. It does not pick the front end off the ground.

Where should I start with the just in time xl button and stutter?

I was thinking 3500? And black spring?

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

Posts: 1989 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Just curious Bob, how much time do you run in delay box? I run 1.125 and was wondering about one of those buttons. I can slow reactions down about .020 by changing the struts but need a lot more than that for Nobox race.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
As mentioned what is the delay setting using a box?

Consider installing blinders in the car for daytime racing. Yes, launching in the 3200 -3400 range would be a good start if the engine will stutter smooth at that rpm.

Install the long throw button with the delay box and you’ll know how much the shims are worth in time

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Just curious Bob, how much time do you run in delay box? I run 1.125 and was wondering about one of those buttons. I can slow reactions down about .020 by changing the struts but need a lot more than that for Nobox race.

If you haven't gotten the button yet, I have the APEX Machine version that I don't need. Make you a hell of a deal on it....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Alaskaracer,

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

I run 1050 in the box

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

Posts: 1989 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have an old Biondo long travel button that if tested to be worth .030 but need more than that.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DragRaceSolutions.com
posted Hide Post
Thanks for purchasing the JNT Bob! I don't think you will regret it.

Depending if you watch it come down ot blind the top 2 will dictate how much delay you will need. Normally someone who watches it compared to blocking will need more "delay"

With the delay you are using now, I'm pretty sure you won't need the black spring. I'd start somewhere in the middle about .035 button speed and make a few hits and see where you're at. Getting consistent on the bottom take more work than on the top. Get a handle on it first and then start making adjustments.

SL...

Home of Collector Tethers ~ Just-N-Time Buttons & Drag Race Solutions products

www.DragRaceSolutions.com
Sales@DragRaceSolutions.com

Posts: 85 | Location: Tennessee, U.S.A. | Registered: July 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Payton:
I run 1050 in the box

Here’s my 3rd gen car. 6.33 @ 112.5 60’ @1.49 and 4400 launch with 1.030 delay. When I no-box race with blinder, I launch at 3850 – 4050. I use the same micro switch button (very fast) for both box and no-box.

I would suggest using your present button and drop the launch to 3200 if possible and try.

If you can blind the tree you will be more consistent imho.

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
quote:

If you haven't gotten the button yet, I have the APEX Machine version that I don't need. Make you a hell of a deal on it....

Mark send me the details and pictures if you have any.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I got everything mounted this weekend. Unfortunately we where rained out Sunday so I did not get to test.

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I may be misunderstanding here but if you have a Delay box I would NOT run a slow release button. I would do it all with the delay box. If you have a delay box I think it is best to use it and leave off first flash of top bulb.

If you are planning on running Pro leaving off bottom bulb (.500)with a slow release button it certainly would not work for me. Not even close. It can not reliably kill .100 and my car will go red on a .400 (.370) Pro Tree. Now it may work if your car is really slow launching.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4011 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Curly I have a box and will not be using this button for box racing. I just wanted to try pro with out the box installed.

I hooked up my practice tree this weekend and adjusted it so the roll out matches my car with delay. I hooked up the new button and took a bunch of hits off the bottom and tried to get the adjustment close. I ended up with the dark blue spring and all the spacers. Was able to make a bunch of hits where I wanted it.

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Bob did you try testing it after you got it setup off the top bulb just to see how much delay the button is worth?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Good Luck with it let me know if it works.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4011 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post