DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    KONI Shock rebuild?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KONI Shock rebuild?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Who rebuilds KONI shocks at at reasonable price.
I have a set that needs to be freshened up. Just don't have a extra arm and leg to give away. LOL Smile

Thanks
Brian

Posts: 108 | Location: north carolina | Registered: July 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
There is a guy on here from PA that rebuilds all types of shocks. He did my Koni's last year. Competetive Suspension Solutions is his company name. Go guy to deal with. Bob J

Don't get behind me,I'm in the slow lane.

Posts: 108 | Location: Newville PA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Competitive suspension solutions!

Posts: 17 | Location: palm harbor fl | Registered: October 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We can do it. Text or give me a call.

Shane Sweigart
Competitive Suspension

Posts: 21 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sent the Strange shocks on my wife’s car to Strange for service. Had them back in a week and a half and it cost $116 for everything except shipping. Had some new o rings, a new bump rubber, and a new compression adjustment knob installed.

I bought just bump rubbers for the Konis on my car last year and they were over $50 alone. Will be looking to send the Konis in to get checked, will probably go with Competitive Suspension.

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
send them to Shane with Competitive Suspension Solutions

you will not be disappointed

Posts: 788 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Competitive Suspension Solutions. On our mono-shock four-link dragster...took a pretty good car and made it terrific.
1.052-1.061 for the last three races over three weekends.
Dead smooth.

Fast service and he LISTENS to your input.

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for everyone's input.

I spoke with Shane. They are on the way to him.

Thanks again
Brian

Posts: 108 | Location: north carolina | Registered: July 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't know, Brian. That seems like an awful lot of trouble. If you just go down to AutoZone and give them make, model, and year, I bet they could get you BRAND NEW shocks in no time. Big Grin Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom, I have tried that a time or two at Autozone or Advance. When they get to the engine size being a 533 they can't seem to hind that option in that computer. LOL Big Grin Big Grin

Brian