Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Methanol verus E85 Carb
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Methanol verus E85 Carb
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Just purchased a car running a 1050 dominator using E85.
I have 2 1050 dominators set up for methanol . Question is , what are the differences in the setup for these carbs with the two different fuels.

Wanting to know what would need to be done to run methanol on the E85 carb that is currently on the car.

Posts: 9 | Location: Flint, MI | Registered: October 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted Hide Post
Just put on one of your alky carbs on it and/or sell the e85 carb. There really is no reason to convert the e85 to alky. It can be done but why? Serious question. Is e85 not in your area?

Do not argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Posts: 314 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You would possibly need booster changes and metering block recalibration.

Straightline Innovations - Performance Parts -Enclosed Trailer Screws

Posts: 65 | Location: Charlotte, Tn. | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
Most likely new booster inserts, banjos modified for larger stake tubes, and probably new metering blocks. Depending on who does it $500-$600 range.

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org/index.php

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1037 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FastLane:
Just put on one of your alky carbs on it and/or sell the e85 carb. There really is no reason to convert the e85 to alky. It can be done but why? Serious question. Is e85 not in your area?

How does everyone test and adjust there e85.

Posts: 9 | Location: Flint, MI | Registered: October 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You can buy a tester , I have always got 85-90 percent at the stations I buy from

Posts: 23 | Location: Athens Al | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What color fuel jugs does everyone use for E85??

I have always used red for gas, and white for methanol.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am useing blue,wanted green but summit didn't have any so took what I could get.

Posts: 158 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
I use yellow for gas (says Diesel on it) and red for E85. If anyone tries to steal my fuel, they're in for a surprise.

Posts: 198 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
I agree with FastLane. Bolt on one of your Alky carbs and go. Or run E85.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 521 | Location: Dallas, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post