DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New converter coming.......what's the new ET?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New converter coming.......what's the new ET?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
3000 lb., 540 HP, 495 ft/lbs, powerglide, 4.86 gear. Curiosity killing me to know what new ET will be. Currently 4000 stall yielding 7.30 at 98 mph. New converter = 5400 stall. I'm thinking big change. Maybe 7.0x and 100 mph???

Posts: 76 | Location: Mooresville, nc | Registered: October 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
62 Galaxie - 2.5

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
I think your off on the horse power you think you make..

3000 pounds and HP of 540 is 10.32 seconds and MPH of 131.00 MPH

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1383 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I think he's referring to 1/8th not 1/4 mile.....

But....You might pick up a little et, likely MPH won't change or can drop a little....Why are you changing the converter though? Was the first one spec'd to your combo? Tire size? Rpm range? Lots of stuff to consider besides just stall....Looser will be more consistent at the expense of some mph on the top end....et might be quicker though, but then again, it might not......also, actual engine output will determine stall, as well as how much weight it has to work against....give the wrong info on engine, converter will be off too.....Did you dyno the engine? One calculator has you at 439 hp, the other at 381.....so something is off....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
I think he's referring to 1/8th not 1/4 mile.....

But....You might pick up a little et, likely MPH won't change or can drop a little....Why are you changing the converter though? Was the first one spec'd to your combo? Tire size? Rpm range? Lots of stuff to consider besides just stall....Looser will be more consistent at the expense of some mph on the top end....et might be quicker though, but then again, it might not......also, actual engine output will determine stall, as well as how much weight it has to work against....give the wrong info on engine, converter will be off too.....Did you dyno the engine? One calculator has you at 439 hp, the other at 381.....so something is off....

Yea i know that.
10.30's is not 7.30s in the 1/8. Using his numbers it should be 6.40's

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1383 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
98mph is pretty high for 7.30s. I suspect you'll pick up 2 or 3 tenths with the looser converter. Decades ago I picked up 4 tenths going from a 10 inch vega converter to a custom built 8 inch. Then another tenth by switching from a TH350 to a glide. I was running 7.40's then a month later I was running 6.90's by changing trans and converter. That was back before the tracks I regularly raced at had MPH. (or 60 foot times)

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Just because I enjoy making wild guesses, I'm gonna say 7.10 @ 97. Yep, I guessed less mph. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post