DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Reid powerglide case with cracked bell housing
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reid powerglide case with cracked bell housing
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Now that I'm thinking about it, it might have tweaked the output shaft, I ran steel headed BBC's back then, with a lot of ballast in the trunk 375lbs to 425lbs.

A aftermarket roller tail housing acts like a girdle for the output shaft, so to speak.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Where are the T.S.I. cases made?

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sittin duck:

They're made in the states here.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by sittin duck:

They're made in the states here.

Better check on that.

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
I second the TSI powerglide case. I cracked my stock case several years ago, and bought it along time ago.

On the rear bushing, I had that issue a long time ago, and a builder said it can be due to age, driveshaft out of balance, coasting alot with the engine off (no fluid to the bushing), etc.

Good luck racing this season.

Posts: 123 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post