DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Strange brake caliper sticking.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Strange brake caliper sticking.
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Cast rotors don't warp

Aren’t the rotors on your daily driver cast? I know mine are and they warp.

Me too Big Grin

Posts: 2139 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
I’ve had strange,still got Mark Williams on one ride fixin to try out lambs on another but the best calipers I’ve used without question with a Mark Williams rotor is TBM....

I have a set of TBM pads on my car right now. They stop really good, dust and wear is about average. Just as good as Carbon Larains for 1/2 the price

Posts: 2401 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I just put a set of Baer Brakes dual-calipers on the rear of my S10 (I left one set off for now since I don't need to "Park It" at the stripe).
They are ventilated Cast rotors (yes they are heavy) but my guess is, the last brakes this S10 will ever need.
Originally these were headed for the dragster but they were simply just to HEAVY. I would guess the rotors are maybe 10 pounds. More like road-race brakes actually.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1216 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I used lamb on my last car and they sure rolled good but could not get them to live. first season3 sets of rotors and pads. next year I went to the heavier cast iron rotor, later in the season was lucky to find one of them broke..... I sold all of it..

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
JR,

On that rocket ship why are you not running carbon brakes?

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5297 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
JR,

On that rocket ship why are you not running carbon brakes?

Because 9 out of 10 runs he is off the gas around 1000ft lol

Posts: 2401 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I hear you. My engine builder dumps the laundry to keep from breaking out.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5297 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post