Find
Notify
Tools

SBC valves
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted
Hello all upon tear down and freshening our old sbc I found several valves I don't like the way the stems look particularly at the tips, so I'm looking for a new set of +.200 long set of valves. There were a lot of passes on the old set I'm not sure of the make on them - they have a part number 4304N and 4302N on the steam and CQGX and CQGV on the valve heads.

Very Mild motor Chinese heads, with 2.02" and 1.60" stainless .341" steam. We turn less than 7K Rpm with a solid .540" lift camshaft.

Any suggestions on an reasonable priced reliable valve for this motor. Used to be Manley was "the valve" but now - wow so many brands to choose from, just thought it couldn't hurt to ask the brain trust on here before I buy.
Thanks

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 864 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
Ferrea is a good choice.

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org/index.php

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1135 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
REV in Florida. Been using them for a few years now, been very happy with them.

http://www.revvalves.com/

Posts: 1349 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
At this time Rev,Ferrea, Manley all have similar quality valve products.Bill C.

Checkered Flag Machine and Ceralli Competition Engines
checkeredflagmachine.net/
Racing engines and induction development

Posts: 151 | Location: Paterson N.J. | Registered: September 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
At this time Rev,Ferrea and Manley all have similar quality valve products.Bill C.

Checkered Flag Machine and Ceralli Competition Engines
checkeredflagmachine.net/
Racing engines and induction development

Posts: 151 | Location: Paterson N.J. | Registered: September 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
As always, thanks guys

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 864 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post