DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Rear shocks for 4.70-4.90 door car
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rear shocks for 4.70-4.90 door car
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is why two way clickers on rebound and compression are the cats meow.

You can run a lot of low or high speed on the rebound or compression clicker , 4 way. Jack it up down track or squat it, combining IC and clicker adjustments.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
so what are you going to do? who is getting your shocks, JRI or Shane?

I'm more confused now than I was. I think the air dump would be the best, but I'm thinking a better double could be made to work with the right valving. I just don't know if my sportsman shock is going to do it.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
that's what happens when you get on these forums and ask advice, everyone has an opinion and some are trying to get you to part with your $.

Again, listen to TOP38..

quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
As with anything, one part can make or break a combo but it can also be in the combo too! This is a case where a data logger with shock travel would allow you to get to the root of the issue much faster than WAG's from all on this site including me! Your car doesn't have a large sweet spot with respect to track conditions and the rear shocks are just one piece of your combo. You haven't mentioned anything about the fronts! or how the car leaves! Also you noted that the car works best on full stiff in the first 150', that's a big red flag that could mean the shocks aren't valved correctly or it's a crutch for the real issue! There is also no friggin reason you need 3 or 4 way shocks with air dumps for this combo! If you believe that then Mike Retread has the perfect shocks for you! You may need to have your rear shocks re-valved but you certainly have other issues that you need to find and address first...

As for shock maintenance, if you have a set of shocks without gas pressure, if they aren't leaking you are probably wasting your money having them serviced, if you have gas charged shocks and they don't hold pressure then I'd have them serviced. As far as entry level, mid level and high end shocks go, the faster your car is the more benefits you will see from the high end stuff. I drive a TS S10 for one of my buddies, it has a set of AFCO's from 1996 in that truck and run's 4.60's in the 1/8. The truck is very consistent. The shocks have never been out of the truck,,, however it's time to upgrade.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inferno camaro:

I'm more confused now than I was. I think the air dump would be the best, but I'm thinking a better double could be made to work with the right valving. I just don't know if my sportsman shock is going to do it.

Have you checked this part # yet? Looks like a good ride height fit. Lots of adjustment range. Everything I've ever looked at Strange out of the box has been liberal digressive valving on rebound. I keep sending you hints, no need to be confused.

For what they are, these are inexpensive. This is a real deal damper, separating piston in cannister, monotube old school drag racing damper a lot like a Ohlins LMP, high pressure system though, so you'll have to invest in gas tank and guage. This is a gas emulsion damper.

You need liberal digressive valving rebound, or dumps if you wanna try that approach.

Get it now? ^^^

^^^

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Well at least Y'all got back on the shock Topic. I was interested in the conversation till it went South.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlueTruck:
Well at least Y'all got back on the shock Topic. I was interested in the conversation till it went South.

A mans place in a free society is to disobey unlawful orders. The German people failed in this regard, starting in the late 1930's.

You reap what you sow.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

A mans place in a free society is to disobey unlawful orders. The German people failed in this regard, starting in the late 1930's.

You reap what you sow.

So, the op shouldn't buy 80yr old German shocks?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Das ist richtig Laughing Hard

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Jawohl.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:
quote:

You reap what you sow.

Sure

When you figure out how to explain it, do tell about the facade dignity you'd value higher than your own self respect, by taking it up the arse from a nobody track official who's never produced a thing on the drag strip, all because you're too afraid to disobey an unlawful order.

Your dignity is nothing more than a facade if you can't live up to the responsibility you have to the drag racer who brings his effort & investment to the drag strip behind you.

You should be thanking me, instead of trying to earn browny points like some communist, with who knows who. Or maybe its just more of that facade dignity your trying earn, at Truths expense eh?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
How did you do off the trailer today but Ripper

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:
quote:

You reap what you sow.

Sure

When you figure out how to explain it, do tell about the facade dignity you'd value higher than your own self respect, by taking it up the arse from a nobody track official who's never produced a thing on the drag strip, all because you're too afraid to disobey an unlawful order.

Your dignity is nothing more than a facade if you can't live up to the responsibility you have to the drag racer who brings his effort & investment to the drag strip behind you.

You should be thanking me, instead of trying to earn browny points like some communist, with who knows who. Or maybe its just more of that facade dignity your trying earn, at Truths expense eh?

So, now the op should get the Facade series of Dignity shocks? Can he buy them at Brandenton? Do you know who to talk to there? Should he just tell them Mike sent him?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mr. Inferno, I wouldn't do a high gear only deal. You've come this far to be this close. Have your JRI guy throw some digressive valving in the dampers you have, if you wanna try high ride height down track. Look at this at the stripe - digressive valving rebound. Linear compression.

DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
Ah ****.... Bigtoe learned a new word. Queue the overuse of “facade” until he learns another one.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post