DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Keeping cool in the car. What is everyone doing?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Keeping cool in the car. What is everyone doing?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
we don't have that much trouble up here with the heat and for sure not with the humidity, but on hot days. one thing I used to do, was use freezer gel packs to cool the inside of her helmet so it was cool when she put it on.

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Malaby Racing
posted Hide Post
This is what I have and it works great! 100 Percent Cotton Cooling Vest is safe under your jacket (Includes Inserts) $89 and I got an extra set 78°F-This temperature may not sound too “cold,” however, the inserts are approximately 20°F below body temperature. This temperature can be great for anyone who wants a slight chill, but not be overwhelmed by the cold. This temperature also has the ability to charge at room temperature.

The 78°F works and you can recharge it at room temperature (70).

https://alltuffusa.com/

394L Super Pro / Super Gas

Malaby Racing

Posts: 265 | Location: Reynoldsburg, Ohio | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Malaby Racing:
This is what I have and it works great! 100 Percent Cotton Cooling Vest is safe under your jacket (Includes Inserts) $89 and I got an extra set 78°F-This temperature may not sound too “cold,” however, the inserts are approximately 20°F below body temperature. This temperature can be great for anyone who wants a slight chill, but not be overwhelmed by the cold. This temperature also has the ability to charge at room temperature.

The 78°F works and you can recharge it at room temperature (70).

https://alltuffusa.com/

That's pretty cool. LOL
OK. I snug my belts down tight enough that it is hard to breath. Can these be damaged by the belts?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Malaby Racing
posted Hide Post
No, I do the same with my belts. This vest works great... It is a game changer in the heat.

394L Super Pro / Super Gas

Malaby Racing

Posts: 265 | Location: Reynoldsburg, Ohio | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post