DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    What TD chassis preference
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What TD chassis preference
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Who’s chassis do you run and why?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4495 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Spitzer, cuz I want to go as quick as possible. Now if I also wanted to wanted to bracket race and didn't care about being one of the quickest, I'd have something different.....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3098 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Mostly all of the more well-known builders will build a car that can run TD. How fast are you looking to go? If you want to be like Bender, definitely go with like a Spitzer or someone who knows how to go sub 3.90's etc. Some of the bigger names also have different variations of their chassis that they can get you what you want.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
I run 240" Mullis swing arm. (1990lbs) I run it because that what I have...haha. I'm curious on the answers myself....

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Spitzer hard tails are really light and IMO are the way to go if you want a ligit TD only car.

Our M&M's are still our preference as they are like a Spitzer in a lot of ways, slips, not rigid, ect and have shocks so we can do whatever with them.

Oakley has a new Miller TD car built for boosted applications that have much bigger anti-roll, 4 link bars and a completely redesigned rear compartment that looks and performs awesome.

Lynn Ellison

Posts: 133 | Location: The Boat! | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
My 2011 248 Undercover Dual shock swing arm does a pretty good job for me. Goes down the track every time, has been 3.82 with .95x 60 foots. Will run 5.90s in the 1/4 if I let it. 2140lbs With my fat ass in it,

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
You got your stuff running good for sure, Steve.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3098 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Mike Bos (his son now) builds a nice car as well....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
nelson racecraft chassis gets my vote

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
Love my M&M but like all 4-links it will be heavier than spitzer. The Danny Nelson cars are popular as well and plenty of them run well under the 6.0 range. I have seen quite a few under cover cars as well.

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 312 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
we really like our Spitzer , only runs low .20's right now , but goes .950's every pass ..(1845 lbs )

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
we love our chineese built dragster,problem is we have to replace it every 10 passes or so

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
^^^^Weren't those built by Inchworm Chassis Inc?^^^^

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
I've never raced TD, but the only two chassis' I have owned are Spitzer and M&M. I think if you look at an average of successful TD, TA racers, you'll find that Spitzer wins hand down. They just built a good racecar.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the insight and information. Not worthy

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4495 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I love my Dan Page hard tail car. More power I put to it more it seems to work.

I have not been quite as quick as a few above on this post but its been 6.50s with no problem and hoping to run 6.1s with the new combo later this year.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Hammertime
posted Hide Post
Diamond with dual suspension (1 shock front, 2 rear), anti-roll. Very smooth and a big window in the setup to make them work well. Front suspension will save the chassis long term if it carries the front end up any amount.

David Lanning

Lanning Electric

Team Mickey Thompson

Posts: 4658 | Location: Coldwater,MI | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post