DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Mickey Thompson Stiff sidewall slicks...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mickey Thompson Stiff sidewall slicks...
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You need to start keeping a record of the track temp each run if you aren't already. A cheap temp gun from harbor freight might help you understand your problem.

Posts: 477 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ski_dwn_it:
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
I have been running the MT PBR's in the 31.5x13 size...I have decided to go back to the stiff sidewall slicks in the 14x32's and see how they do...

My question is this...what pressure do y'all run in these 14x32's?...I honestly can't recall...getting old I guess....lol...

My car weighs 3200 with me in it...mild bracket car running 6.50 in the 1/8...pump gas 496 with a 4 link out back and a Dana 60 with 5:13 gears and a glide...

Thanks folks...

Not to sound like a **** but with only running 6.50s and 4 link you should be able to do just about anything and get that car to hook with any size/make/width tire!

I agree which is why I was stumped...out of the blue, for no apparent reason, the car began spinning on launch...13 out of 15 passes last weekend...sheesh...I have never seen that happen so quickly with no changes to a car...everything kept coming back to the tires so we'll see this coming weekend...

Posts: 1276 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post