DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Spark plug wire help needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spark plug wire help needed
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Putting new coil packs on. Coils have male terminal just like a spark plug. Ideally I’d have 4x 10” wire and 4x 16” wires but I can live with 8x 16.

My biggest concern is EMI. I can’t get a resistor plug that’s cold enough and the non resistors make my data look horrible and might even be causing some misfires.

Looking at Taylor 79055 and I’ll cut to length but not sure if there is better options out there?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tay-79055

I’d like to have straight boots on the plugs and 135 boots on the coil end but couldn’t find that option.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have some of these to try but havent yet, there suppose to be good for EMI

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I think you need to look at bulk supplier parts. Roll or length of spiral wire, your 135 degree plug terminal ends and boots, some straight plug ends and coil boots, you can make them the perfect lengths you want.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1589 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
FIRECORE

Solved my logger problems and can be made exactly like you want them made. If you happen to ruin one, you can call them up and have that one made from your original order.
Totally worth the money.

https://firecoreperformance.co...ngth-ignition-wires/

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
https://sparkplugwires.com/

Call Mark and speak to him.
He’s got you covered!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4462 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
FIRECORE

Posts: 405 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Magnecor FTW

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Autozone!!!!

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
Autozone!!!!

That’s what’s on it now. Worked just fine with stock coils and resistor plugs. Not so good with non resistor racing plugs.

I tried to pull the trigger on magnecore 8.5s but kinda bummed they won’t take a phone order. Have to fill out a form which is mostly irrelevant to my combo.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^^ That’s weird. I would have sworn that I ordered mine over the phone.

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I did to Cash

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I know I did JR, cause I gave them all the measurements.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It was a little bit of a struggle but i did finally manage to get them to take my money. We’ll see what actually shows up. My confidence is not high so I have a box of MSD cut to fit sitting here waiting.