Find
Notify
Tools

Cam cores
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Seems like everything else in this country now days thee is shortage of cam cores.

Being civic minded guy I am I was wondering if anyone knows of a company that buys cams for regrinds. I have about 12 Hemi cams on shelf that are 45* cams and 4 48* cams. All too big for my deal and figured hey maybe sell few off and get a cam like I want in the car. Hell might even get enough to break even or make 50 bucks.

Anybody buy cam cores for regrinds?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Unless they're billet cores the problem with big hardened cores is the hardness is only about .050" deep. It limits changing profiles a lot. And forget moving lobe centers...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think cams are near impossible to get. I called around for a BBC hydraulic roller last month, couple of the places I called had zero.

This will be making racket by the middle of the week.

Can't wait!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yea, try to get a set of SBC hydraulic roller lifters right now.

Posts: 607 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Was told getting new cam might be cpl months or more. Trying to see how close he can get with regrind. I know he can not get the duration all the way down where cam I want is. 296@.050 compared to 284/286,Was told ten degrees was max due to hardness being only part the way into lobe. Figure if cn get 8 or 10 degrees out and open and close points close it will be better than whats in car. Hey this cam worked great with 45 lbs boost.LOL

For what its worth the cam that was spec'd show about 50 lbs tq and 60 hp higher than whats in it on desktop dyno.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post