DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    shielded wire source
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

shielded wire source
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted
Looking to rewire my dragster.
Wiring is 19 years old and has had more than one redo/fixes at the track and has become a source of intermittent operation.
I'm looking for shielded wire for the primary distributor and crank trigger hookups.
All I can find is 18 ga or smaller. I'm a firm believer in using a larger size wire on DC circuits and think 14 ga would be a better choice.
MSD has a real nice shielded wire for the crank trigger but they do not sell just the wire by the roll.
Who has a favorite wire supply store?

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
How many conductors Bruce?
I assume 2 for the crank trigger....but what else do you need shielded?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Dave I want to shield both the crank trigger as well as the primary coil wire.
So I am looking for two conductor stranded with a shield.

Bruce Lee Cool

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I got a couple of these when I wired the new dragster....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Be...Standard!93010!US!-1

I also bought a 100' roll of 18ga 6conductor shielded wire that I have about 20' left if you want it...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
They had it at my HomeDepot.

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
I got a couple of these when I wired the new dragster....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Be...Standard!93010!US!-1

I also bought a 100' roll of 18ga 6conductor shielded wire that I have about 20' left if you want it...

Looks good to me Dave

Bruce Lee Cool

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
McMaster Carr

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post