New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parachute again
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I would suggest using CO2 rather than air. My reason is that a mal-functioning chute is more of a concern than a mal-functioning air shifter or throttle stop. Using air introduces a far greater possibility of moisture entering the launcher ram than CO2. A stand alone ten ounce CO2 bottle can handle a lot of launches.

Just my 2 cents.

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have co2 onboard. I need to look at where and how the cylinder is mounted for the launcher.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
not trying to derail thread. I need a chute that is shorter. I have a ton of cord to try to get into pack.Chute mount is about 2' max above anchor point and wheelie bar mounts right below so only so much can hang out.

So far have not deployed it. I have somme of the cord bundled and string ties to top bar of wheelie bar when I run it,othet times it just hangs. With small twine I have around it it should snatch right out if hit chute.Key word is SHOULD.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post