DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Goodyear tire for a dragster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodyear tire for a dragster
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted
Is anyone using their tire on a 4.60 suspended dragster with beadlocks with good success these days. Currently running the little bubbas and heard they’re hard to get .

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Currently using the Goodyear tire that's built like a big bubba. 34.5x15x16, seems to work well for me but have only a couple outings on it, mine has been 4.59 at 2000 lbs usually lives in the 4.60 range. Dart 20 degree headed, 615, injected on methanol. Been in the trailer for about 3 months haven't lost a drop of air.

The other car is TBS 250 blower 598 we run the 34.5x17x16 Goodyear tire, has always been a good tire for me. This car has been as fast as 4.45 @ 155. These are leaking like come but they are old, 1.5 years and north of 120 passes or so on them.

both cars are miller 4 links, 237", bead locks.

Posts: 373 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
You'd be better off with the BR3 Hoosier honestly....

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
GY has a number of Big Bubba's test tires out there, all failures for faster dragsters. Don't know how they would be on a 4.60 car but I would not recommend them.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Pete's new car has GY's on it, cant remember the part number. saw on FB

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Peter is currently running the 35/15 Goodyear

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post