DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Make sure you leave your SFI stickers on your wheels
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Make sure you leave your SFI stickers on your wheels
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
How many tech inspectors will know which wheels were originally SFI certified and which weren't?

My dragster is 13 years old - the SFI stickers are still on the wheels and perfectly readable. The wheels on my Nova are not SFI wheels.

This doesn't really seem like an issue unless possibly TD/TS and quicker. Much ado about (almost) nothing.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
NHRA always leaves a loophole because they DON'T want to do the work necessary to enforce the rules. Easy out... mine were never certified

Same here....
Are SFI certified wheels mandated in Advanced ET ot TD ?

I believe 6.99 and 200mph require a 15.1 wheel but may be wrong. 15.1 wheels do not need to be recertified by date, only if the sticker falls off

Posts: 2395 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4440 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Thanks Steve

I was wrong, just checked the rulebook and its 6.50 and 210 for 15.1 wheels

WHEELS
Each car in competition must be equipped with automotive-type
wheels, designed for racing. SFI Spec 15.1 rear wheels with
beadlocks or liners mandatory on any vehicle that runs 6.50 and
quicker or 210 mph and faster

Posts: 2395 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well as long as the requirement is by speed I am safe. Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I have the Micky Thompson pro 5 wheels. Where the hell do I send them? Fronts and rears??

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Says rears

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
I am thinking about taking the old 468 off the stand, building a flat top piston motor that will slow my altered down to high 10’s or low 11’s. That way the only cert I will have to deal with is belts and trans. This is getting to be too much. You don’t see many 11 second cars in SP anymore. I think that would be fun to mess with some 7 second dragsters when you are going 11’s. Especially all the ones that love to hold a bunch…. LOL..

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
I have the Micky Thompson pro 5 wheels. Where the hell do I send them? Fronts and rears??

Are they 15.1 wheels? Do they have a current cert and sticker?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quick Dawg:
I am thinking about taking the old 468 off the stand, building a flat top piston motor that will slow my altered down to high 10’s or low 11’s. That way the only cert I will have to deal with is belts and trans. This is getting to be too much. You don’t see many 11 second cars in SP anymore. I think that would be fun to mess with some 7 second dragsters when you are going 11’s. Especially all the ones that love to hold a bunch…. LOL..

Nothing wrong with going slow, but what are you saving by doing that? Chassis cert every 3 years?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Here is the rule change for ALL other classes:

In all other categories, effective January 1, 2020:

(a) any rear wheels originally certified as meeting SFI Spec 15.1 must bear a wheel conformance label indicating compliance with SFI Specification 15.1 properly affixed to each wheel per the specification;
(b) any rear wheels originally certified as meeting SFI Spec 15.3 must bear a wheel conformance label indicating compliance with SFI Specification 15.3 properly affixed to each wheel per the specification (including re-certification if applicable); and
(c) any rear wheels originally certified as meeting SFI Spec 15.4 must bear a wheel conformance label indicating compliance with SFI Specification 15.4 properly affixed to each wheel per the specification (including re-certification if applicable).

So IF they came with a sticker you better have a sticker NOW.

Speed or ET or Class has NOTHING to do with it.
Frown

Mark,
I would call M/T, they will probably re-cert them them selves.

Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pentastarrail,

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 954 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
For the $4,700.00 for the Deltas they should have lifetime certification, the sticker should never come off for that price...WTF?

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
For the $4,700.00 for the Deltas they should have lifetime certification, the sticker should never come off for that price...WTF?

How often do Deltas need to be recerted?

Looking at the Weld site it does not say anything about resert. The Delta does come in 15.1, 15.3 and 15.4. So unless your running TF make sure you buy the 15.1 wheel that way you don't have to recert them. And make sure the sticker stays on!! The 15.1 sticker is still on my 5 year old V series so they must use good glue..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Big Steve,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
sounds like getting someone at a print shop to print some pretty stickers would be much cheaper

more money spent for an organization that does not care about its racers and does not pay anything to win

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

Yes they are, stickers are gone. Off fronts too. Well, part of one is left on the fronts

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

Yes they are, stickers are gone. Off fronts too. Well, part of one is left on the fronts

Like Frank said, calling MT would be the first step

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
sounds like getting someone at a print shop to print some pretty stickers would be much cheaper

That's what Bill Simpson said when he owned Impact Racing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post