DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    APD air bleed orientation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

APD air bleed orientation
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I have a 1250 APD billet enforcer. Does this have the standard dominator bleed orientation? From inside out High, intermediate and idle.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 461 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP 124X:
I have a 1250 APD billet enforcer. Does this have the standard dominator bleed orientation? From inside out High, intermediate and idle.

Good question, someone chimed in another thread and said APD idle and intermediate is switched. I dunno I'm Bo Laws.

What have you got on the four corners? Have you pulled and pinged one, or does it have a number on it? That'll tell you if they've never been out, if you have the paperwork on the carb.

This is standard.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
A quick check for idle would be to spray/clean out idle screws with WD40 and see which bleed it comes out of.

Posts: 101 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I believe the intermediate and idle are swapped on them.

Duane Allen

Posts: 29 | Location: Sandston VA | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes, APD switches the locations. The intermediate, idle and high speed from outside to inside.

Rob

Posts: 110 | Location: Toronto | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
l

SC 1834 is correct, my APD 1250 is arranged that way as well.

Contact APD with the serial number etched on the carb and they can give you the air bleed, jet and accelerator pump discharge nozzle sizes used on that carb.

Mine are:
High Speed - 29
Idle - 46
Intermediate - 63
Primary Jets - 82
Secondary jets - 98
Power Valve - 4.5
Discharge Nozzles - 52/52

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
quote:
l

SC 1834 is correct, my APD 1250 is arranged that way as well.

Contact APD with the serial number etched on the carb and they can give you the air bleed, jet and accelerator pump discharge nozzle sizes used on that carb.

Mine are:
High Speed - 29
Idle - 46
Intermediate - 63
Primary Jets - 82
Secondary jets - 98
Power Valve - 4.5
Discharge Nozzles - 52/52

Bob

I have all the numbers and it's never been touched since I bought it. It's had a stumble going on the chip since day one that a bandaided with my enhancer rpm. I wanted to do a little SC racing played with bleeds yesterday and got it clean. Had to go down on the middle bleed just wanted to confirm that was the idle and not intermediate for my own piece of mind

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 461 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane1791:
I believe the intermediate and idle are swapped on them.

Yes and Braswell on some...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4469 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Is a apd 2 circuit the same orientation as a apd 3 circuit? The intermediate is eliminated on a 2 circuit correct?

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I Hate Dragsters:
Is a apd 2 circuit the same orientation as a apd 3 circuit? The intermediate is eliminated on a 2 circuit correct?

Yes

Denis LeBlanc

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have all the numbers and it's never been touched since I bought it. It's had a stumble going on the chip since day one that a bandaided with my enhancer rpm. I wanted to do a little SC racing played with bleeds yesterday and got it clean. Had to go down on the middle bleed just wanted to confirm that was the idle and not intermediate for my own piece of mind

Gas or Alky? What did you have to go from/to? Asking because I have the same issue that we bandaided the same way. Raise the RPM on the pro-stage. Would like to fix it correctly for next season though.

Posts: 97 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHampshire:
quote:

Gas or Alky? What did you have to go from/to? Asking because I have the same issue that we bandaided the same way. Raise the RPM on the pro-stage. Would like to fix it correctly for next season though.

Put a smaller idle air corrector jet. Richen idle - Methanol.

The screws should be out no more than a turn & three quarters tops.

Turn and half preferably.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
^ this 100%

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHampshire:
quote:

Alcohol. I went all the way down to .020 on the air bleed with minimal gains. Pretty sure it needed a larger idle restriction jet. Carb also never responded to jet changes. Dumped the APD for a BLP and never looked back.

Denis LeBlanc