Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    CSR tire gauge battery
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CSR tire gauge battery
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
The light in my CSR gauge only works sometimes. Is there a replaceable battery inside of it?

Posts: 26 | Location: Utica, IL | Registered: May 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Odd, i don't even see a gauge listed on their site. What model #? Some of the gauges Have a 3V battery in them.

Posts: 318 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
csr has been effectively out of business for years, with no inventory and no dates on when, they just won't admit it.

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998.

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis

Support our country! Support our Troops! Support our economy! Buy American!!

Posts: 8114 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Just a guess, but it probably has a disc style battery, similar to the one used in a wrist watch. 2023 or ????

Bob

Posts: 2137 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD626C
posted Hide Post
If its anything like the jegs digital one it has a 9v battery.

Posts: 28 | Location: Northern B.C. | Registered: January 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Canted Valve
posted Hide Post
If it's serviceable it will have access screws on the back. Take them out and find out.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 1296 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Like Ed stated CSR has not been in business for a while. I purchased this gauge. It is a bit expensive but it works awesome.

https://www.amazon.com/Interco...g+digital+tire+gauge

Posts: 36 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
If it's serviceable it will have access screws on the back. Take them out and find out.

First thing I thought of also. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 639 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S/C718:
I purchased this gauge. It is a bit expensive but it works awesome.

To each their own, but I couldn't fathom spending that kind of money on a tire gauge. I just don't think the pressure is that critical.

In some applications, I imagine that it does matter but I haven't been sub-1.00 to 60' yet.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 2316 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
csr has been effectively out of business for years, with no inventory and no dates on when, they just won't admit it.

If CSR is out of business did someone take over making their starters and trans shields?

Posts: 58 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of jason jensen
posted Hide Post
I just called them yesterday about repairing my CSR gauge. The fact that they answered the phone and told me to send it back for repair suggests they are in business.

Posts: 283 | Location: Kalamazoo, MI | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S/C718:
Like Ed stated CSR has not been in business for a while. I purchased this gauge. It is a bit expensive but it works awesome.

I have two of those gauges and its worth every penny of it.I guess i am to picky about a lot of things but when you spend the kind of money we spend on these engines and chasis why not buy the best tire gauge you can.Just another good tool.

Posts: 88 | Location: waverly tn | Registered: February 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post