New
Find
Notify
Tools

Street Outlaws
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Bender, I figured you'd be all over this along with a few others...

On tonight's show they got another race going between the Fireball Camaro and Gag Monkey's Cuda that previously race Big Chief!!! So they showed Gag Monkey digging the car out of their storage area and it has 4 flat tires, all HOOSIER!!!! They had to air up all four tires to move it out into the shop!

Ed, this must feel like the day you found out there was no Santa Claus!!!!!! LOL!

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i don't see that pile that gag monkey has out running Ryan Martin. watched him go low 3.80's at 200+ at Lights Out on radials.

ep

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
and all four loosiers were on the rim

ep-

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
and all four loosiers were on the rim

ep-

Now there is the new term. Losiers.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4005 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
On tonight's show

and your sayin I'm bored al??

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richie
posted Hide Post
I just got back from Street Outlaws Live in Orangeburg, S.C., had a good time...the facility was renovated real nice.

Posts: 255 | Location: Windsor locks Ct. | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I will say I watch them now that they actually do some track racing. Ever notice cars that seem to have the trans sitting right next to them without any tin work? I only get a glimpse so that may not be the way it is. It just struck me as unusual.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6402 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
We haven't run tunnels over transmission for years in our Promod cars, NHRA just requires you to wear the proper driver suit.

I'm not sure what the Discovery Channel rules are ?

Laughing my a$$ off

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
I get the trans tunnel deal, all the new cases are certified without shields anyhow, quicker to change in between commercials I guess. I always laugh when I see the guys with 100k in their race cars and they have some $50 helmet.

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don’t think trans tunnel would do much in a failure other than maybe keep some oil off the driver. I am sure a tunnel keeps some heat off the driver.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
We haven't run tunnels over transmission for years in our Promod cars, NHRA just requires you to wear the proper driver suit.

Front engine dragster you straddle the trans so really sitting next to it is not that big of a deal.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rymo:
I always laugh when I see the guys with 100k in their race cars and they have some $50 helmet.

What amount must one spend on a Snell or SFI-approved helmet to be safe?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I do not know about the helmets, but the clear sfi rated gloves many of them wear seem really cool. Talk about good feel for the button! Uncontrollable Laugh

Posts: 106 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
I see some in open face helmets in a car with more nitrous than ive ever seen. Its not the money its the condition of the helmets. Ive seen better at garage sales....

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Guys, guys, let's get back on topic here!!!

Not even 24 hours old and approaching 1000 views for some flat Hoosier tires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Hard

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
Hate to rain on your parade but .......it's television ...... they flattened the tires for effect.

Razz

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Oh then the tv guys must have been getting my car ready for a show. Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XPS fan:
Hate to rain on your parade but .......it's television ...... they flattened the tires for effect.

Razz

Mr XPS,

Let's for one minute assume that is true ,,,

Do you really think that this is what it's all about??

Really, I thought you were smarter than that. Wink

DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:

Do you really think that this is what it's all about??

Pretttttttty sure I know how this works.....

......annnnnnnnd he didn't take it

but I did Smile So you didn't get the big fish just a minnow ........ cast again !

Razz

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Actually if you watch again the rear tires on that car were MT when they were pushing it in but they were all flat lol.

Posts: 124 | Location: inside | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post