DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    I'm loosing sleep over this Lunati cam
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm loosing sleep over this Lunati cam
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
468 vs 496 dyno shootout.

The 468 needs to be within 50 hp to win the shootout.

Both engines low compression pump gas street / strip / muscle car engines.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Same Pro Comp rectangular port 320 cylinder heads, same ported 100% Track Warrior intake, same 1050 4500 carb

496 Crower hydraulic roller camshaft

468 Lunati solid roller camshaft

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Update

Combat ready.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Harold Brookshire's Ultradyne cams had a reputation for breaking valve train parts

Nobody I knew used them in any Modified or SS engines back in the day....

Cam Dynamics.....Lunati....Crane and a few others....were the cams being used.....

Did he make some good cams? I'm sure he did but parts breakage was always a possibility....

Todays stuff is a lot more bullet proof....

The RIPPER has a UDHarold design Bullet camshaft, best hp I've seen in these pages 23 degree sbc.

Not bragging but giving credit where it's due.

Sorry but my Mike Jones cam makes more than my Bullet cam did but I'm sure you'll call BS on that too.

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
MLB player bought this.

It's gonna be screamed every which way to Sunday on the dyno, before he takes possession.

I say it'll make within 25 - 30 hp of the RIPPER WRENCH 496.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got my 4150 SV2 intake back from porter, it goes like this.

Bolting it on now.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Picked up 163 rpm's of stall observed Grid, that's 40 hp switching intakes.

I can run a Reher Morrison spacer 1.5" tall with the air horn at the same height as the Dominator with a 1/2" spacer, to clear the flat hood.

That short 1/2" spacer hurt my PKRE 4500 SV2 intake.

It'll go 112 mph this coming weekend 4150 carb, 100 degree's in the shade.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That would be a good heads up class.

1. Flat hood

2. Engine in stock location.

3. 3200 lbs

4. n/a 23 degree sbc

5. Steel bumpers

6. 10 x 28 or smaller tire.

7. 370 Pro Tree > LoL!

Call it *Flat Hood* heads up, run what ya brung.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Mike what is your opinion on the new Edelbrock carb that looks like Holleys 4150?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Mike what is your opinion on the new Edelbrock carb that looks like Holleys 4150?

I just read up on it, lots of features eh? Adjustable height boosters, low vacuum adjustable idle bleeds etc etc etc..

Looks kinda crude battleship grey, needs color to be modern appearing, or just black would be better.

I dunno, time will tell.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Got my 4150 SV2 intake back from porter, it goes like this.

Bolting it on now.

Fully ported intake on a set of OBX heads.....come on Mike

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Out of the box Big Brodie 355's , fully ported intake.

Big deal, it's not unusual.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
UD Harold design Lunati cam didn't disappoint!!

678 HP first pull!!

Absolutely love this camshaft, Rough idle!

Made one hit to 6600 rpm's. Should see 700 HP tomorrow with a little tuning and increased rpm's.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
ain't impressed and neither is anyone else here and and it's been eclipsed at least 17 years ago without aluminum heads, without a dominator carb, without an UD cam and without all the chinese junk used to assemble it NahNahTounge

This the real deal pump gas street/strip/muscle car engine in a real ALL steel nearly 4000 lb. muscle car with the full factory interior, power steering, power brakes and triple chrome plated bumpers too! Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You try to impress people Ed, I spread the wealth of info.

You have no info to spread because you're a know nothing, do nothing crate engine racer with thirty years experience.

Spreading the wealth, this would be a killer & economical pump gas combo for bracket racing, 6200 converter.

Ignition timing & fuel jetting, it'll be over 700hp at 6900 to 7100 rpm.

This was just a little checkout pull to 6600 rpm.

UD Harold design Lunati cam did not disappoint, 468 BBC!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You think you know and prey on the naive and clueless in your trailer park neighborhood. Even the clueless and the naive here and on yb haven’t fallen for your baseless claims, salesman bullshyt. Meanwhile you’re nothing more than a backyard parts swapper, bolting together Chinese junk on nothing special engines using technology from the 30 years ago.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You know you're a know nothing, do nothing crate engine racer with 30 years experience.

That's why you pickup the phone for crate engines, the same as the clueless and naive.

Only difference being, you have 30 years experience dialing.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My knowledge, know how and independence doesn't fit you're know nothing, do nothing dependent approach - narrative.

Same as anyone else here do it yourself - creators.

STFU, you're no competition. I'd skin up your driver too, with my 9" wide tire Do it yourself Nova, bet it. I'm not impressed at all. Bring it to Florida like you threatened. Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Retard you’re a big talker behind your monitor. My son would humiliate you and your junk shyt box any day!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Retard you’re a big talker behind your monitor. My son would humiliate you and your junk shyt box any day!

Retard, bring it on down ... 030 lights don't work to turn on win lights in Florida, know nothing, do nothing.