DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Iron Eagle Block starter issues
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iron Eagle Block starter issues
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Those are still the steps. Look for those options.

On a phone it's a condensed version.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Once I get it the pictures uploaded to IMGUR how do I get them on here

Posts: 23 | Location: TN | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dotsonfirearms:
quote:

Hover your finger, the share option will show, choose the BBC (forums) option.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well for some reason the BBC forums are not an option. When I get home tonight I will get on my computer and try to figure it out

Posts: 23 | Location: TN | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well for some reason the BBC forums are not an option. When I get home tonight I will get on my computer and try to figure it out

You'll figure it out. It's breeze once it's done one time. Just takes a minute to figure out. Everyone who's been new at it here , was on the same pace in getting it, as you are.

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am building a 434 using an Iron Eagle block with a Moroso 21019 oil pan. The problem is the starter is hitting the oil pan. Not the body or solenoid but the mounting plate is hitting the kick out. I can get the outside bolt in but not the inside bolt. The starter needs to come back towards the front of the engine a full bolt hole but it hits the pan. I have tried a power master xs and the Mezeire TS500. If anyone has ran across this problem let me know what the solution was please.

It is very common that the nose block gets trimmed a bit to fit the oil pans. The TS400 starter will give you a little more room but you would likely still have a issue with the noseblock.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 238 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1leg:
quote:
I am building a 434 using an Iron Eagle block with a Moroso 21019 oil pan. The problem is the starter is hitting the oil pan. Not the body or solenoid but the mounting plate is hitting the kick out. I can get the outside bolt in but not the inside bolt. The starter needs to come back towards the front of the engine a full bolt hole but it hits the pan. I have tried a power master xs and the Mezeire TS500. If anyone has ran across this problem let me know what the solution was please.

It is very common that the nose block gets trimmed a bit to fit the oil pans. The TS400 starter will give you a little more room but you would likely still have a issue with the noseblock.

I got the TS500 to work. Set it up in the mill and milled off what I needed to make it work.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Here are links to the before, after and installed pictures. Still have not figured out posting the pictures yet

https://i.imgur.com/tiKwhbB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gXiRNot.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WXCGvMN.jpg

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks good. Nothing wrong with that.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks good. Nothing wrong with that.

Thanks

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You'll like the Brodix T1 233. What's the combo? Cam specs, stroke, compression? etc etc?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
You'll like the Brodix T1 233. What's the combo? Cam specs, stroke, compression? etc etc?

I will get the cam specs when I get home. I do know it is .675 on both sides. 4 inch stroke, 4.185 bore (440 cid) Mahle coated gass ported dome pistons. Heads are the CNC STS with 64cc chambers. Rons Terminator Injection. It is a little over 14 to 1 compression.

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nice work, I'll tell you most do not do that nice of a job. Most get the grinder treatment!

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 238 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1leg:
quote:

Nice work, I'll tell you most do not do that nice of a job. Most get the grinder treatment!

Oh heck no. For what this thing cost no dang grinder was going near it lol. If I would have caught this before I installed the engine I would have pulled the oil pan and modified it. But I came up with a way to do it that worked out pretty nice. But I am also not one to be scared to try stuff either. Sometimes it works and sometimes i have to weld it back together lol