DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Iron Eagle Block starter issues
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iron Eagle Block starter issues
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I am building a 434 using an Iron Eagle block with a Moroso 21019 oil pan. The problem is the starter is hitting the oil pan. Not the body or solenoid but the mounting plate is hitting the kick out. I can get the outside bolt in but not the inside bolt. The starter needs to come back towards the front of the engine a full bolt hole but it hits the pan. I have tried a power master xs and the Mezeire TS500. If anyone has ran across this problem let me know what the solution was please.

Posts: 23 | Location: TN | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Figure out which starter you can use by cutting the least off the mounting flange.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Already thought about this. I have the mounting bracket off the TS500 in my work bag now. Going to set it up in the mill at work and mill off what I can. After that I may have to pull the pan and modify it also. It is hitting the full height of the bracket.

Posts: 23 | Location: TN | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dotsonfirearms:
Already thought about this. I have the mounting bracket off the TS500 in my work bag now. Going to set it up in the mill at work and mill off what I can. After that I may have to pull the pan and modify it also. It is hitting the full height of the bracket.

Only path to take, to get you to the promised land. Do what has to be done.

https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

Powermaster Ultra is the hottest ticket going. ^^^This has one on it.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This damn thing has been full of just that. Had to mill the end of the stud girdle off to clear the Star vacuum pump fitting. The Terminator injection scoop tray mount had to be milled to let it go to wide open throttle.
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

Only path to take, to get you to the promised land. Do what has to be done.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I hear ya.

If it were easy everyone would be doing it. Smile

Good luck!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Tall or standard deck height op? What's the combo?

Any build photo's?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Any build photo's?

Tall Deck, Brodix 233 Track 1, Dart Intake, Rons Terminator Alcohol injection, 7/4 Swap custom cam from Bullet, Mahle gas ported dome pistons, scat light weight crank and rods, MSD crank trigger, Star Machine vacuum pump. I do have pictures I will put up when I get time today.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Any build photo's?

Tall Deck, Brodix 233 Track 1, Dart Intake, Rons Terminator Alcohol injection, 7/4 Swap custom cam from Bullet, Mahle gas ported dome pistons, scat light weight crank and rods, MSD crank trigger, Star Machine vacuum pump. I do have pictures I will put up when I get time today.

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Don't these blocks have a provision for a starter on both sides with no oil filter mount? Or is that just the raised cam version?

Mine has a full kickout pan with starter moved to the other side.

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
Don't these blocks have a provision for a starter on both sides with no oil filter mount? Or is that just the raised cam version?

Yes sir.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Convenience/simplicity depends on the pan.

This is the one you want right here 68 - 69 Nova Camaro w/ Melling billet standard volume high pressure.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:

Yes it has bolt holes for starter on both sides. Already tried that hits the pan on that side as well. I just got done milling off .375 inch on the mount. I will try it out when I get home from work.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I had to mill the starter mount with my dart aluminum sbc block to clear the moroso pan also. Its not a big deal and the starter still works on the little m block.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NFC:
I had to mill the starter mount with my dart aluminum sbc block to clear the moroso pan also. Its not a big deal and the starter still works on the little m block.

Well it worked perfect. I would post pictures but I have no idea how lol.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Let me know when you establish a IMGUR acct, I'll walk ya though it, or someone here will. It only takes a minute to get a IMGUR acct.

This is a set of Brodix T1 233 3.875 stroke 427

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
If I remember right I had to trim some of the aluminum mounting plate back a little to clear on mine to when I ran that pan.
Mine is Iron Eagle 454 SBC Tall deck.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3994 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Let me know when you establish a IMGUR acct, I'll walk ya though it, or someone here will. It only takes a minute to get a IMGUR acct.

This is a set of Brodix T1 233 3.875 stroke 427

I have the IMGUR account set up. At least I think I do

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Go to this screen click on new post.

That'll take you to this screen, click choose image

once you choose image click share option and use BBC (forums) to share

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go to this screen click on new image.

That'll take you to this screen, click choose image

Mine looks different. I am using my android phone. I see how to add pictures to IMGUR though