DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    TH 400 deep pan filter bolt specs - help!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TH 400 deep pan filter bolt specs - help!
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted
I thought I left it in the valve body, and I was wrong. Trying to find the right spec of the bolt length and thread, plus how long the shoulder/spacer is. Any one know? Google is striking out

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
I thought I left it in the valve body, and I was wrong. Trying to find the right spec of the bolt length and thread, plus how long the shoulder/spacer is. Any one know? Google is striking out

The pickup is designed to float in the pan, if that is what is troubling you.

Kinda like a carb float, I guess you could say.

The bolt does not tighten down on the filter/pickup.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I need bolt length/thread

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
I need bolt size/length/thread

It's a 5/16-18 x 2" long

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
It's O.E. on GM 1 ton trucks, shouldn't be that hard to find.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1649 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Take a two inch bolt cut a piece of 5/16 tranny line and bolt it up

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post