DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Looking for a trailer winch..............
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a trailer winch..............
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Charlie Allen
posted
3000lbs car up the short ramps and dove tail, onto an open trailer. Need to mount as a removable when not needed. 110 volt would be great as there is a generator on the trailer tongue. What should I buy or not buy??? Thanks much in advance.

"Mourning the loss of Auto Club Dragway in Fontana"............RIP

Posts: 532 | Location: Sunny SoCal | Registered: March 07, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I've been using a 2500lb ATV winch bought at a yard sale for years now. Pulls my 3k lb Camaro in my enclosed every week and I've pulled trucks onto my open trailer with no problem. It attaches with 1 bolt.

Posts: 1456 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
Smittybuilt are what I see the most of. A lot cheaper than Warn, most like them as much or more.

Avoid the Hazard Fraught if it's going to be exposed to weather at all.

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 487 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I got one of those boat winches that has a thing to go over the trailer hitch and 3 lugs to attach it. Welded that to the trailer floor and I can set the winch on the 3 lugs, use it, and then remove. The controls and the power hook up are removable. The draw back for you is it is 12 volt. Cost me $49 15 years ago and with a snatch block will pull anything on the trailer.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Harbor Freight does have a 110 volt version for pretty reasonable.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Charlie, I have a 12 volt PowerWinch that I used to pull my 2500# Nova onto the old short ramp trailer. It should easily pull your Mustang. It can be removed in seconds and has a cord that attaches to the operating lever, so you can walk along side, steer and load the car.

If you are interested give me a call (619) 443-9171, I’ll bring it with me to the Division event at Fontana in May.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post