DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    O2 reading on alcohol with injection with wego lll in datamax dash
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

O2 reading on alcohol with injection with wego lll in datamax dash
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
O2 reading on alcohol with injection with wego lll in datamax dash. Sensor in a dynatech header in the collector.

Posts: 29 | Location: tennessee | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
not sure what your question is but I think you are asking for a O2 reading for methanol. I have found the "typical" NA methanol engine makes the best power around 5.3- 5.5.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Agree and lets just call it 5.4. I would target that and move little each way to see what car wants. I have found electric leanouts make getting it perfect(if that exist) is lot easier if using a 7 gpm pump like 80A od DSR I have on my car.

I don't have collector and reading one pipe on zoomies and adjust other cylinders to match.In theory collector should work great for average.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4158 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Actually I'm using a blp belt drive pump . With the 500 gears. Have a electric bypass but not sure how it works or would hook up

Posts: 29 | Location: tennessee | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of racer7171
posted Hide Post
I like 5.2 on my set up.

Posts: 180 | Location: USA | Registered: May 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Are we talking under full power here or at idle?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I use the gas scale and I shoot for 12.9 to 13.1 wide open at finish line. It is fatter than that at the hit. Mine idles around 11.5 to 12 if I remember right. Enderle hat mechanical fuel injection on alcohol.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3961 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by td9757:
Sensor in a dynatech header in the collector.

You'll probably never get an accurate reading in the collector.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
quote:

Not at idle anyhow.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
for my dragster I have the sensor 4 inches from the cylinder in the #6 pipe on full headers. I find that the best idle is about 10:1 on the gas scale (about 4.3 on alcohol scale) for the best 60 ft time. Leaner and it drops off on the 60 ft time. On the brake it goes to about 11:1 (4.8) and then at the finish line I have 12.5:1(5.5). this is with 34 nozzles and a 0.5 pump

Bob

Posts: 37 | Location: Pittsburgh, pa | Registered: October 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
quote:

Not at idle anyhow.

Or at wide open with any turbulence.

Not sure how to prevent turbulence without adding a tailpipe.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SX 66:
this is with 34 nozzles

Are these nozzles Enderle

Posts: 2428 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes, Enderle nozzles, 80a 0.5 pump, 100 bypass pill. It definitely leans out some on the brake, and I expected it to go rich. Covering it up with a very rich idle seems to keep 60 ft time more consistent

Posts: 37 | Location: Pittsburgh, pa | Registered: October 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post