DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    2000 Corvette Fan speed control
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2000 Corvette Fan speed control
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
The heater/AC fan in my son's car (2000 corvette) only works on high. Do any of you GM tech's out there know what might be wrong? On an older car I would say the high/low blower switch is bad but I don't know if it's the same on this car.
Does anybody know if it's the switch or a resistor or???? and the location of the switch or resistor?

Thanks for any help. My son is in his last year of Pharmacy school and I'm trying to fix this to save him some money.

Posts: 404 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
9 times out of ten that is a resistor. Have seen it be the switch once because the contacts melted and got all screwed up.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Do you know where the resistor is located?

Posts: 404 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
Under right side of the dash next to the blower motor. Check the connections and make sure they aren’t melted.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post