DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Air in cooling system.....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air in cooling system.....
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Pump is not wired backwards right. Reverse flow Confused

The car has been plumbed like this for 10yrs. It's always been a b!tch to get water pumping again after breaking the seal. But it would finally start pumping again.
That said I did check for proper rotation when I swapped pumps today.
Car has sat for 2yrs I'm hoping I find the radiator itself clogged....
But I still like the idea of a helper pump. I'm racing alone this year so no towing. I can't be ****ing around with crap like this at the track. Confused

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Dave, I didn’t read your whole post but that is a very long way for a pump to work.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Dave...seriously if you have an air issue try that tool I suggested. Mines in the trailer and I can fill if I have to at the track...just need a compressor. It has enough vacuum to suck a weak hose flat lol. Will stop filling on its own once the system is full and airless.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:
Dave...seriously if you have an air issue try that tool I suggested. Mines in the trailer and I can fill if I have to at the track...just need a compressor. It has enough vacuum to suck a weak hose flat lol. Will stop filling on its own once the system is full and airless.

Well, just checked the radiator, it flows fine.
So I ordered that vacuum fill kit and I'll put this all back together and fill it with the vacuum thing and see if it works....
Makes sense if it only lets water in how could it possibly trap air in the lines.....$80 is cheap insurance to carry in the trailer just in case it happens at the track.
BUT, I'm holding you personally responsible if it doesn't work Eric...lol

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
Email me some pictures of your coolant system jerryd@meziere.com

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 240 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Dave, email Jerry. He will dial you in. Knows his stuff

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have dealt with Jerry before and he is a good guy.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:

Well, just checked the radiator, it flows fine.
So I ordered that vacuum fill kit and I'll put this all back together and fill it with the vacuum thing and see if it works....
Makes sense if it only lets water in how could it possibly trap air in the lines.....$80 is cheap insurance to carry in the trailer just in case it happens at the track.
BUT, I'm holding you personally responsible if it doesn't work Eric...lol

lol....no problem...plenty of people hold me responsible lol. Get a container that holds more than your system and fill it. Make sure it's higher than the system when you draw out of it. Tool is pretty slick...sucks the air out then you flip a valve and it fills automatically.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Eric, I should have the kit Thurs or Friday. Man if that works I'm going to be one happy mf'er...
I'll tell you one thing, my new car is going to have the radiator up high on the back of the car somewhere. Maybe I'll mount it up on the wing lol.....

Dave

F J B

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1leg:

Sent a few photos yesterday.....

Dave

F J B

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:
Originally posted by 1leg:

Sent a few photos yesterday.....

Sorry Dave, I haven't seen any pictures yet. Try again

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 240 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sent from pc instead of phone...hope this works.

Dave

F J B

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Buy one of these and don't look back. Makes filling the car a pleasure.

http://www.tooldiscounter.com/...yEAQYASABEgKTC_D_BwE

Well you were right my friend !!
Used that goofy looking vacuum tool you suggested and it worked flawless...don't understand how/why but I don't really care. It pumps water now so screw it.

Thanks again for the tip...

Dave

F J B

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
clapping

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow