DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Throttle cable mounting plate/bracket
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Throttle cable mounting plate/bracket
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted
Who can show me a throttle cable mounting plate for a dragster using an inline stop or SLE

I have one but looking for something better/sturdier

The mount has to move back quite a way for the stop

I have a chromed bracket that sits on one side of the carb and has an extension piece to mount the cable.

I don't like it....

I don't need a scoop tray mount style as my scoop is held on a different way

Just a better cable mount using an inline stop.....

I have a Dedenbaer dual acting stop I've used for S/C and as an SLE for bracket racing....

Looking for a better mounting arrangement.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The Terminator throttle controller extension works great. I used it for a long time. Bolts right on the Dominator pattern.

http://www.killerrons.com/mountinghardware.cfm

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have the one a guy on racing junk sells e also sells dragster windshields also very sturdy and reasonably priced

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Look in the dragster section on racing junk

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just looked I dot see his ad for the trays anymore but his email is Brucevanstraten@gmail.com

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I have used inline stops with Terminators and carbs.

Modified what I had and added a support down to the back of the cylinder head and it was rock sold. That was on my old car.

I’ve run plate stops, in-line stops, a Terminator and carbs on my current car.

At one time I had both a plate and an in-line on at the same time.

I just wanted to go back to having multiple options to use either.

I’ll try messaging that person, thanks.

The Ron’s unit looks better than what I have now.

Another good option. Thanks

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I use the jegs return spring/throttle cable bracket and their SLE/Throttle stop extension.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 461 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not sure if it will work for you, but Lokar makes a nice setup. Our cylinder is on the pedal, but I imagine the cylinder would work up at the carb

Posts: 97 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6 | Location: Midwest | Registered: July 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I use a csr, not sure if they make them anymore or not, I bought a couple and saving them just incase

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I use the Lokar set up. Scoop mount and they give you 2 different cable brackets. I have an in line stop and the plate is even drilled to mount the solenoid.

https://www.lokar.com/drag-racing-products.html

Posts: 61 | Location: Long Island | Registered: February 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies
I sometimes want to change things up
Never liked running an under carb plate stop
BUT probably had better success with one vs an inline when running a carb

With all the big HP engines out there in S/C, trying to find a few MPH can't hurt

After thinking about it a while I'm staying with a plate for now

Fastest car I saw last weekend at MG Lucas before the rain went around 191 and that's nothing new really

As soon as my hunchback uncle straightens up I'll git me one of them there 1300 hp motors..... Laughing Hard NOPE.....