DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone running Wiseco Pro True Street pistons??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone running Wiseco Pro True Street pistons??
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Looks like a really decent street strip piston kit!

I got a guy who wants to footbrake the 71 split bumper drift car at Orlando Speed World, so we've shifted gears/plans on it now, a few times!

Depending the headgasket, the 454 + .030 will be around 10.5:1 compression.

This thing should rock n roll pretty good with a TSI XLS XHD 9" 3600 converter, engine & transmission assembled in house.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The Sbf stuff does not have forced pin oiling.
Bbc I haven’t used.
I prefer autotec or Srp usually.

Posts: 690 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
I did run them in my 13:1 385 sbc for 14 years. One finally let go about 6 weeks ago at the pin and then broke the rod, then the rod pushed the block out.
We are going to use Lil quick 16 Wiseco pistons now.

Posts: 121 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Perfect piston for this 460 cid BBC, price point.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Excellent choice on the Q 16. Ran them for years then went to the 8's Ever need help there, just ask for Vic.If he is still there.

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Excellent choice on the Q 16. Ran them for years then went to the 8's Ever need help there, just ask for Vic.If he is still there.

I had a helluva time finding a BBC piston of this caliber around $500, JEGS doesn't carry them, Summit either but a small mention saying they can order them, with no specifications. 10.5:1 pump gas with floating pins, small dome I'm now stoked to put this thing together!

I'd have been around the same price hyperutetic pistons, after buying rings.

This thing is looking promising, can't wait to fire it off.

Should be a pretty decent little low 11, high 10 second street/footbrake car.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure Vic is still at Weisco. Clark 14 years on the pro true street piston is sweet. Sorry to hear it took the block out. But you have to admit 14 years x 250 passes a year = 3500 those pistons do not owe you anything. Small block assuming 7200-7600 + rpm you nursed every last pass out of them. Good luck on the new build and hope it gives service like the last one. I have hade good luck with the Weisco stuff. Actually all the way back to the early 1990's.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLICKSTER:
I am pretty sure Vic is still at Weisco. Clark 14 years on the pro true street piston is sweet. Sorry to hear it took the block out. But you have to admit 14 years x 250 passes a year = 3500 those pistons do not owe you anything. Small block assuming 7200-7600 + rpm you nursed every last pass out of them. Good luck on the new build and hope it gives service like the last one. I have hade good luck with the Weisco stuff. Actually all the way back to the early 1990's.

I believe Weisco is J&E now. When I special ordered pins for my 427 sbc, I talked to a guy in Canada. I think he even said Weisco is J&E now, if I recall correctly.

Whoever it was I spoke with at Weisco was very knowledgeable to what wrist pin I needed for how I intended to run the vacuum pump. He said do whatever you want, you can't hurt it.

Whoever that was definitely hooked me up. The right pins came in the box from the vendor, in the US.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I did hear about J&E and Wiesco but dont know who bought who. I am going to the ACE Ohio race this week and should be seeing Vic Ellenger as it is in his backyard so to speak. I saw him at 42 the weekend of the 4th but just caught up a little as he had not seen my new car. I will ask him about Weisco and J&E. A whole bunch of people in this area run the Weisco stuff. Those pistons look pretty impressive with the coating on the sides. Have you had a chance to see how close in weight they are? The last set of pistons I ordered fron Weisco Vic and I speced out and they made them took about 3 weeks and that was in racing season. Sides coated but valve reliefs and ring package were the aera we had to custom. Also they have a selection of pins as I wanted a demension on that also. Good luck on your build and post opinion,or results as you see it.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Race winning brands owns JE, Wiesco and Diamond pistons. Also own Manley, Trend, MGP and Dart machinery among others

Posts: 2400 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Big Steve, Old stuff here I remember when we used to use TRW pistons thru out the 70's maybe in to the early 80's also. Then Aries? (if spelled right) pistons ,then Manley,then Ross for a while,then Diamond,Weisco and J&E. Always seemed to have a spare motor on hand with Weisco's in it for no particular reason.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Big Steve, Old stuff here I remember when we used to use TRW pistons thru out the 70's maybe in to the early 80's also. Then Aries? (if spelled right) pistons ,then Manley,then Ross for a while,then Diamond,Weisco and J&E. Always seemed to have a spare motor on hand with Weisco's in it for no particular reason.

These are competitively priced in comparison to hyprutetic pistons, by the time you buy the rings.

They're kinda hard/impossible to find if ya only go looking in JEGS or Summit, as I said previously. When I first saw the piston kit with rings, I thought the price was a mistake. I wasn't gonna use hyperutetic pistons, been there done that only once, thirty years ago.

Won't make that mistake again.

The video tells how they do it, price.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Famous saying... If you can't be em.. Just buy em.

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Will the footbrake car / Drift car / Street car run cool?

Yes, these never fail. Ever.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you see a bronze pin on a torque converter, it tells you it is a modern design.

The pin welding itself to the crankshaft, becomes an impossibility.

DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Clark 14 years on the pro true street piston is sweet. Sorry to hear it took the block out. But you have to admit 14 years x 250 passes a year = 3500 those pistons do not owe you anything.

Yeah, the old engine didnt owe me anything. It cashed alot of checks, 11 different track gold cards.

Siebert spec'd the new parts. I had a Dart SHP block already as a spare. Callies, K1, Wiseco, total seal gapless rings, etc.

The pistons were ordered on June 11 and arrived last Thursday.... The lifters were the last set on the shelf literally....
Engine assembly begins next week and then the dyno.

Due to the rain that we've had, I will only miss 1 weekend of points racing, which all in all is great considering how hard it is to get some parts.

Cheers!
Clark

Posts: 121 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Clark glad to hear you are on the way back togeather. Great,Great, job getting 11 gold cards in 14 years that was a little gold mine set up and Im sure you new one will do the same.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It used to be illegal to mount the fuel regulator on the firewall in case the flexplate or flywheel lets go. Maybe they changed the rule, not sure.

With the lack of tech nowadays you can probably get by with it.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5297 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
It used to be illegal to mount the fuel regulator on the firewall in case the flexplate or flywheel lets go. Maybe they changed the rule, not sure.

With the lack of tech nowadays you can probably get by with it.

Makes sense. If I am told to change it, I will.

Thanks for the heads up.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Built in house. Can't wait to hit the key.