DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Water fitting size
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Water fitting size
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted
Thinking of going to AN hose and fittings for my radiator. Currently running regular hose, but it's kind of a pain because it takes up a lot of room in front of the engine. Wondering what size would work best, -12 or -16? Running alky so cooling isn't an issue anymore, and will be welding on bungs to the radiator in place of hose barbs.

I'm thinking -12 will be fine. Running standard volume Meziere water pump as well...

Thoughts?

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I have always run #10. Both in bracket and TD mode

Posts: 2416 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My car came with -12. Cools great on alcohol.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 466 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

Not sure the filler neck comes in -10. Have to check on that one

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

Not sure the filler neck comes in -10. Have to check on that one

No filler neck on the blower engine to worry about and remote pump. , I think I had a reducer on the bracket motor filler neck and it had a block mounted pump. I always ran alcohol and never had any issues with overheating, the 10 just made it easier to route the hoses.. I believe 12 is the norm for a dragster

Posts: 2416 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I'm figuring since I won't be running again until things cool off some, and since there isn't much going on right now anyway, I'd figure out a way to mount my alternator. Changing the radiator hoses over to AN will help, because then I can route them away from the crank trigger area which is the only place I have for the alternator.. Just some tinkering to kill time mostly

Mark Goulette

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
-12an on my my Undercover/Ron Davis radiator and Collector Tethers billet water neck.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Had an old Undercover that had -8 hose and the radiator out back. This worked fine on Alky, when I tried to run gas I could not keep the engine cool enough. Eventually I changed the hoses to -12 and my issue was fixed.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
-12 on both of our dragsters.

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
run methanol, I run -8's no issues. I have a total of 1.5 gallons of water in my radiator and block.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
-12 it is....

Mark Goulette