DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    WOW -- Was Eppings National Event Last year THAT BAD?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WOW -- Was Eppings National Event Last year THAT BAD?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted
Other than Stock NO other class is even close to filling. Roll Eyes

What's Up with that?
Confused

If it's that bad maybe I WON'T attend.

Eek

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:

What's Up with that?
Confused

Eek

Nope! Just no one wants to give NHRA 330 clams to hold until they have too IMO! Same deal everywhere. Stock is big in this area so it fills up fast.

I was going to sign up for TD yesterday but didn't want to be #13!!! I figured JENAVET wanted that number!!!!!!!!! Laughing Hard

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I checked last night as I've been keeping a watch on Super Street. I couldn't believe how low some of the car counts were. The distance really sucks. Not sure if I want to do seven hours one way. I figure if I want to run that event, between fuel, entry, and then hotel fees as I don't have an LQ trailer or a motortoter...I'd probably spend at least $1,000, probably closer to $1500 to run it. I'd rather put that money into the car...

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Al,
I hope you're right.
It's only a month away and down to 2 GP's.

Looks like the Pro's don't even want to go.

Heck, even Ed's son is registered for SC already.

Oh well.
Dancing Cat

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
bottom38 and BIG k
I wanted to go but the horror stories of parking and getting jammed in like a sardine turned me away. I may come up for the divisional in September.

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bradsc1954
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the car count is down because of the scheduled date. A lot of people take vacations the week of the 4th.

Posts: 133 | Location: Weare NH USA | Registered: July 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
bottom38 and BIG k
I wanted to go but the horror stories of parking and getting jammed in like a sardine turned me away. I may come up for the divisional in September.

I bet your painting your new all UnAmerican dragster yellow too!!!!! Razz

How's the block coming?

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
bottom38 and BIG k

I bet your painting your new all UnAmerican dragster yellow too!!!!! Razz

How's the block coming?

The exact color is called pale yellow pearl !!! It’s out of the Chinese house of colors catalog .....hahaha

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s out of the Chinese house of colors catalog .....hahaha

haha you wont be laughing when im running 5.90's on the throttle stop at 250mph in my pale yellow Asian built monster

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
trying to decide right now if we are going yet

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Vince,
Looking at the attendance you won't have to make up your mind until the week before the race.
Big Grin

What I find interesting is Bristol is full, Norwalk is full.

Heck, even the Sonoma race at the end of July is 80% FULL and they are still at a 5 GP.

Confused

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by topd1332:
trying to decide right now if we are going yet

Now your sounding like Howie!!! Full Moon

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
He's not sounding anything like Howie......I will be there for sure...….now what class is yet to be determined......

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
It’s out of the Chinese house of colors catalog .....hahaha

haha you wont be laughing when im running 5.90's on the throttle stop at 250mph in my pale yellow Asian built monster

I think I'll still be laughing , you are only faster than be by 4.5 seconds and 123 MPH.... but who is counting. What is cool is you going rounds, Right.... hope you see ton's of win lights...

You Da Man

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:

What's Up with that?
Confused

Eek

Frank

I was talking to friend about this recently and I think he hit the nail on the head, NHRA and their scheduling/marketing wizards are likely the cause of the low car counts. Looks at the schedule for D1, Numidia this week, week off then Lebanon then NED nat's! and to boot, it's during the week of the 4th of July! That's a huge vacation week for al!!! Add the two of those factors together and that spells FAILURE! NED will suffer the most since both racer and spectators are impacted here! We will see though!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
.....and there's this.....

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...5460652/m/7047049086

Al, I love ya but you're making excuses like a homer. denied

Norwalk ran on 4th of July weekend for years.

I went to most of those races (on my vacation) Relaxing and the place was busting at the seams, 1 hour to get ice cream, stands jammed packed and quotas full at grade 4 or 5 in some cases.

Shawn

Posts: 827 | Location: Flemington, New Jersey | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
HMMMM

Can't decide, Maybe-Maybe Not

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MightyBirdF145:
.....and there's this.....

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...5460652/m/7047049086

Al, I love ya but you're making excuses like a homer. denied

Norwalk ran on 4th of July weekend for years.

I went to most of those races (on my vacation) Relaxing and the place was busting at the seams, 1 hour to get ice cream, stands jammed packed and quotas full at grade 4 or 5 in some cases.

Shawn

Shawn

Ya killin me!!!!!! This ain't Norwalk, we have beaches, mountains, the Boston pops on the Charles and lobsta! Norwalk just has ice cream!!!!

Ur just a tad sour form last year which I don't blame you! But time to move on! Go Red Soxs

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 369dragster:
HMMMM

Can't decide, Maybe-Maybe Not

You and Jenavet make a pair,,,,,,

Of what I'll never know!!!!
Laughing Hard

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You’re right, it’s time to move on Roll Eyes

They have Cedar Point!!!!

Shawn

Posts: 827 | Location: Flemington, New Jersey | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post