DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone have a road side assistance / towing plan ??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a road side assistance / towing plan ??
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted
With Atco probably closing it's looking like we'll be doing alot more driving/towing this coming year. Just wondering if anyone has any type of insurance or plan in the event of any tuck or trailer issues ???

Thanks .......

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Good Sam which is Camping World, owned by Marcus Lemonis, now NHRA’s primary sponsor. They are always running promotional discounts and I’m sure they will offer discounts to NHRA members. I have the Platinum+ Coverage on all my cars and trailer.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good Sam was great in the beginning but a few years back they farmed it out to someone else, All State maybe. My experience with the original Good Sam was great but not so good with the current operator. Had 2 different friends that had horrible experiences so I moved to Coach Net. For lots of reviews go to rv.net or irv.com. RV people have lots more dealings and reviews than you will ever get on here. Also see what you have on your auto insurance, might already have a road side service there.
Its all good till you need it so hope you never find out how good or bad it is.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That is true of all insurance... you never know how good it is until you need it.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I also have good sam platinum plus. Only used it twice, thankfully for non race related issues but for kids' car here in town and once for one of my work trucks. Painless to use. I treat it like insurance, hope to never use it but nice to have if you do.

Posts: 296 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’ve never used it and hope I never have to, which would only be for a tow. However I have friends that have used it and had no issues.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Triple A had worked well for me over the last 15 years or so.

Posts: 690 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have AAA but Good Sam has an excellent plan. 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Flip a coin.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
AAA Plus which is what you need to cover your trailer is not available at all AAA locations.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
When I was traveling to races a lot I had Coach Net, but thankfully never had to use it........

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I have used AAA Premier RV for the last 5 years or so. I've used it a couple times for and never a problem

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I should add that I also have coverage with my Progressive RV insurance and AAA Platinum. Hopefully if I need it someone will come.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Good Sam here...used it twice, 88 feet of toter and stacker ona hook looks UGLY...worth every penny.

Few years back I didn't have it, cost ME BIG time! I COULD'VE paid for Good Sam for the rest of my life for what the wrecker bill was from Grant NM to Albuquerque NM Freightliner dealership with Motorhome and trailer attached! Don't leave home without it!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Believe me, i have seen wrecker bills to the tune of $1200.00 for a 3 mile tow with a rotator. As with any policy regarding HD towing. Read the fine print from renewal to renewal. 80 miles.. I hate to even ask.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Rotators are worth every penny when you are on the side of a bank trying to get a loaded cement mixer picked up after the idiot driver got to close to the edge and tipped it over. I just wish they had them 30 years ago also.

Posts: 296 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
COACH NET.....

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
My friend has oh i think 3 or more of the 70 Ton Rotators. His latest adventure well let's just say
It was over 700K for the most recent purchase. They can get up to $1ML with 5 axles for the 100 Ton.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies !!!

Talked to my insurance company today "NJM" and they thought they would cover a trailer but upon a little research came back with a definite NO.

I called Good Sam and they seem pretty promising. Much cheaper than I suspected and with the Platinum plan they seem to cover just about anything including the daily drivers and the boat trailer too.

Anything I'm missing ?? I'll try giving Coach Net a call also and compare the two.

Thanks again !!!

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Its like seeing a saint bernard bringing you a whiskey cask when you have highway patrol breathing down your neck and you see one of those beautiful rotators roll up to you.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
One thing about good sam, they will tow anything you have, anywhere you want, but will only do it once. I.E. if you have you vehicle towed to your house, then you decide you want it at a shop or dealer, you will pay for the second tow. Just a FYI.