DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hard tail dragster tire.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hard tail dragster tire.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
I ran the 3074 for a couple three years and switched to the 30771 and for my hardtail, they work much better. Not that the 3074's were chopped liver, but the 30771 will hook on a dirt road.

Ed, you have never raced Firebird in Boise Id. 50 degrees is nothing there. I have unloaded and ran when it was in the 40's and no one turned a tire. The best prepped bracket track in the U.S.A.

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
tell me that again after you wreck. it's not if but when in those temps.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
I would say the 3080. I know a guy with a 4.80 Mike Bos hardtail, when he called MT they told him the 3080 would work well. He put them on and man did it improve the way the car looked on the track. And yes, when we ran our Halloween race it was very cold, high 30's and they were working very well even then.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of nhra431
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quick Dawg:
I ran the 3074 for a couple three years and switched to the 30771 and for my hardtail, they work much better. Not that the 3074's were chopped liver, but the 30771 will hook on a dirt road.

Ed, you have never raced Firebird in Boise Id. 50 degrees is nothing there. I have unloaded and ran when it was in the 40's and no one turned a tire. The best prepped bracket track in the U.S.A.

Any ET gains or loss?

Posts: 8 | Location: arkansas | Registered: February 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I run a tick slower but same 60' with a Hoosier 18355C06 33X13-15 with a 4.30 gear. Last race of the year in October ran 4 5.05's in a row from mid day to after sundown. I'm pleased with them.

Posts: 11 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post