Find
Notify
Tools

Headers
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Thought I'd pass along this info.

REF Unlimited in Kingman, AZ just built me new step headers for my Firebird/522, copying my current set...

Took about 2 weeks. Workmanship is excellent and I'm sure they will fit perfect.

I opt'd for mild steel. $1,200 without collectors, add $500 for collectors and double that price if your want stainless steel.

Greg Holman came highly recommend from friends that are class racers.

(929)692-0111

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Nice...but my Kooks got waaayyyy cleaner welds...

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
WhatEver

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Non-stepped by the look of them.

I have Lemons on my car, they fit great. I think they were $1200 (complete) but uncoated when I got them. Stepped wasn't that much more, just didn't know if I should have tried that or not. These work fine for me.

I sent them to the place you told me about in CT, they do good work. Far better than JH......

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
Non-stepped by the look of them.

Third section into the fourth section is stepped.

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Right they're stepped.

Now I've got to decided whether they are going to Gene/Central Connecticut Coatings or Jason/Jason's Metal Polishing for chroming which is double the price of high temp coating.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
A lot of buddies have used him, and everyone just raves about him. I think he is a real artists, seen some stuff that looks great and performs better than you can imagine. Welder

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
A lot of buddies have used him, and everyone just raves about him. I think he is a real artists, seen some stuff that looks great and performs better than you can imagine. Welder

That's all fine and dandy, but you just wanted a reason to use the welder emoji........now, get back to The Bender thread where you belong
Laughing my a$$ off

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:

That's all fine and dandy, but you just wanted a reason to use the welder emoji........now, get back to The Bender thread where you belong
Laughing my a$$ off

Dang busted!! No really he is very good

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
They do look good in the pictures.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Of course they do, I only do business with the best.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Very nice, for the firebird or dragster?

Posts: 487 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Firebird, thanks

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
just got my new headers back from from Gene aka Central Connecticut Coatings and no surprise having dealt with him for over 2 decades, they look great...

http://www.centralctcoatings.com/

Got some parts powder coated gloss black to too.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Figured you’d know about head

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
just got my new headers back from from Gene aka Central Connecticut Coatings and no surprise having dealt with him for over 2 decades, they look great...

http://www.centralctcoatings.com/

Got some parts powder coated gloss black to too.
that top picture, isn't the egt bung awfully close to the header flange? Or is it just the picture making it look that way?

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Bump, for the big 'ol nasty mig bugger that nobody bothered to clean up before coating....

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
Bump, for the big 'ol nasty mig bugger that nobody bothered to clean up before coating....
SAW that big GIANT booger on there!!!!!

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Just had a set of headers coated by these guys, they said a week or two turnaround. Received them back 8 days from the day I shipped them Eek

Very nice job too ........

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t blame the coated for that bigger I would blame the header builder.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post